What is "Limited Sharing" with Business and Teams Guest Accounts

joshdyck
joshdyck
Community Member

What does this include? I'm trying to decide to go for Business or Teams for my team. I have a core of management that will need frequent access and others that might need occasional access but I'm not sure if they would be considered guests or not. What defines a guest versus a full user? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @joshdyck,

Guests have the following features:

• They can only access one shared vault
    • They do not have a Private vault
    • They can install and use the native 1Password applications just like a full member can
    • They are billed differently / counted separately from full members (e.x. The plan you select will likely include some guests at no additional charge, whereas each full member has a cost associated)

The idea behind guests was to solve the problem of contractors or consultants that might come in to work on one project at a time. For example, you might hire a 3rd party accountant to review your books before an audit, and they might need access to a ‘financial’ vault (but not any other vaults). Or maybe you’ve hired a consultant to work on a project with your client Acme Corp. Both the president of Acme Corp and the consultant might be invited to your membership as guests for the purpose of accessing the Acme Corp vault.

As guests do not receive a Private vault they may be people that already are part of a 1Password membership with their own organization, and are only joining your 1Password membership for access to a very limited subset of information. They are not intended to be used for permanent employees of your organization. It would seem that someone in a management role within your organization would likely need to be a full member, and not a guest. If someone has a temporary or limited association with your company as part of their employment at another company then it may be appropriate to invite them as a guest, assuming the above mentioned limitations would meet the password management needs of your organization for that individual.

If you have further questions I’d encourage you to reach out to our business team directly at business@1password.com. They can work with you on determining your needs, and which options will best suit your particular situation. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.