Beta 7.2.570 crashes when opening the Console [Fixed in 7.2.572]

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I know you already rejected the 7.2 Beta but I caught a problem which might be related to the high CPU usage
or is another issue you could fix as well.

When I try to open the internal console of 1P it just shows an empty console window.
At the moment this console window gets closed, 1P crashes.

1Password Version: 7.2.570
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 17134.165
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @lumarel,

Thanks for reporting this.

As of 1Password 7.2, that's normal to see no previous logs, it'll start out blank and then new logs come in after that. This is due to internal changes we've been making for 7.2.

However, it shouldn't crash. Can you email us your crash reports? Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

Email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com, please include the link to this thread and your forum username.

Let me know when you've sent it.

Thanks!

• Hi @lumarel,

Just to be clear, you're not closing console by yourself right? Closing the console will exit 1Password.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hi @MikeT,

I've sent you the Crash Report now. :+1:
    [#GWA-87661-948]

For the reproduction I have added a record from the step recorder as well makes it easier to show.

And no actually I'm closing the console window (which is a real console window not the one which normally is opened by 1P) but the 1P window closes itself then :blush:

I hope the sent information helps! :chuffed:

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply.

• Just an update on anyone reading this, the issue was resolved in the 573 update. The issue was due to the new "default" console we're building in 1Password 7.2 that works better with the other new technologies we're working with, it was freezing and crashing. We do plan to improve the console in the future to make it identical to the one we had before the 7.2 update.

This discussion has been closed.