Problems with 1Password X in Firefox

Options

Firefox 61.0.1

I just switched to 1Password from LastPass because of their awful Firefox add-on but am now having trouble with custom form fields.
In LastPass it's very easy to enter custom form fields to password saves, from what I can see, the suggestion for 1Password is to get the add-on to save the password. The problem with this method, however, is that the form fields are not then editable manually and there is no flexibility to create such custom fields manually.
It seems that the customisability and flexibility are not as good here when compared to LastPass.

Another thing. When I have used the add-on to save custom fields I can see that they have indeed been saved correctly, however, when attempting to auto-fill, custom fields have been filled incorrectly (same value filled for two different fields).
https://retail.santander.co.uk/ second stage of login.

If there's no solution for this I may have to revert to LastPass and just put up with their lack of a 'copy password' button.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: Arch Linux 4.17.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Mitch
    Options

Hi @ChrisLane,

Thanks for giving 1Password a shot. I'm sorry to hear it isn't quite living up to your expectations. We often err on the side of choosing simple, useful defaults over having lots of customization, but sometimes more flexibility is needed.

From what I can see, the suggestion for 1Password is to get the add-on to save the password. The problem with this method, however, is that the form fields are not then editable manually and there is no flexibility to create such custom fields manually.

The extension team had a long (multiple day!) discussion about this situation a few weeks ago. We're right there with you thinking this is a real problem. Right now you can add custom fields to your 1Password items, but they won't be filled by the extension, and the "web fields" that are saved by the extension are not editable. We've agreed this is not ideal, and we're working on a way to let people fill whatever fields they choose.

Our custom field filling solution is some ways away, and in the short term, we'll look into the Santander site to see if there's a bug we can fix there. I hope you stick with us while we improve the extension to meet your needs — if not, I hope to impress you more the next time you take a look at 1Password. :) Thanks for pushing us forward!

Mitch

This discussion has been closed.