1password.com settings page is blank in Firefox

Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member

I have noticed that I am not able to access the settings page at 1password.com using Firefox (62.0b11). The page shows up as blank.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

https://my.1password.com/settings/account

1Password Version: 1password.com (532)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (4.4.0-131-generic), Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Fooligan - I'm honestly not certain, as I don't typically run the beta of browsers like this, although some of our developers do. I'll ask internally, and we'll see if anyone else can replicate your experience here. My advice, especially if you are on Linux and thus can't access a desktop app, would be that if 1Password data is mission-critical for you, to have at least one stable-channel browser available to you at all times, in case issues do crop up with the betas (as is often the case). Thanks for reporting! :)

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply, @Lars.

I forgot that I set my source list to firefox-next. I have reverted to default Ubuntu apt source for Firefox and installed the latest stable version (61.0.1). The settings page stills shows as blank for this version too. I tested my Windows 10 machine as well and it has the same result.

Thanks again.

• Do you have any extensions other than 1Password installed in Firefox (and if so which ones)? I'm not seeing this behavior in Firefox Nightly 63.0a1.

Ben

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I have 1Password X and uBlock Origin installed. But, I have that disabled uBlock on 1password.com.

I disabled both extensions and tried again, but I still get the same result.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I just tested on a Mac as well and get the same result.

My account is attached to an Eero Plus subscription, could there be a hang due to something like that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fooligan: Definitely unrelated to your billing method. Are you using a private browsing window? There are known limitations with that in Firefox since they don't support the full Web Extensions spec there.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

@brenty

I am using a standard browsing window. I checked out the developer tools and it looks like there is an XML parse where the page load stops:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Line Number 1, Column 12:                           account:1:12 

• Instead of using my.1password.com please try using the sign-in address unique to your account (e.x. yourname.1password.com).

Ben

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

@Ben

I cleared the cache and website data and logged in using our domain, but I still get the same result. The XML error is the same with:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Location: https://{mysubdomain}.1password.com/settings/account
    Line Number 1, Column 12:                           account:1:12 

• @Fooligan Is this happening when you load that page directly and get redirected to the sign-in page, or when you go to that page after signing in?

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

@rob It happens in both cases.

• So you get a blank page without signing in at all or do you need to sign in first?

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I have to sign in first. I am able to access all other routes from what I tested. Once I try to access /settings/account, I get the blank page.

• Thanks, @Fooligan. Can you test in another browser like Chrome or Safari? I'm not seeing where this error could be coming from at all.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

No problem. Thanks for looking into the issue.

I am able to access it from Safari on my Mac. I do not have Chrome installed to check that browser.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Here is the failing line of code from the minified script:

https://a.1password.com/app/js/vendor-6b190edc933d8f212c27.min.js

k.default = function (d, f) {
        'undefined' === typeof a && (a = new DOMParser);
        d = a.parseFromString('<wrap>' + d + '</wrap>', 'text/xml');
    -->    if (!d.firstChild || 'wrap' !== d.firstChild.nodeName) throw Error('Could not parse XML string');
        return b(d.firstChild, f, !0)
    };

• Ah. I was getting thrown off by the line/column before, thinking that it wasn't a JS error. Are you comfortable using the debugger? Could you get the value of d there at the beginning of the function before it is reassigned?

• Actually, never mind. I think I've found the issue. Thanks for the report! We'll see how fast we can get this fixed up. :)

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I am glad you found the issue. Let me know if you need anything else.

• Indeed, thanks for working through this with us. :+1: :)

Ben

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2019

I hope to have the fix up early next week, and I'm sorry for the delay until then. Thanks again for the report!

ref: b5/b5#4712

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

I can confirm that version 534 fixed this issue.

Thanks everyone!

• Thanks for the update @Fooligan. Glad to hear that did it. And thank you for reporting the issue. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.