To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading 1PW6 to 1PW7

Options
chrisgel
chrisgel
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Memberships

My 1password was working fine until i downloaded the new trial version??? No it says my account is frozen and i have to sign up for a membership>>>??? Can you help please>?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

(I changed your title, as it is not a good idea to give your email address on a public forum.)

Did you get 1PW from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits?

The App Store version is subscription only, the direct version is either by subscription or by a licence.

However, there is an upgrade fee for a licence, and if you have not paid your vaults will be frozen, and you do have to do one or the other. You could also go back to 1PW6, but that is not a good idea in the long run, though it may be useful to have a breathing space while you decide what to do.

Meanwhile, the good news is that the passwords in a frozen account can still be accessed (though not changed or added) and filled manually.

Let us know what you want to do, and give more details of your setup, and someone will advise you in detail.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @chrisgel! Thanks for removing the email address, @danco, as well as the run-down of options.

I'm not sure if you still need help, @chrisgel? If you have any remaining questions or still need help, let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.