help w/ local store pw from hard drive?

sloth777
sloth777
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi I am needing assistance if you could: I run win 7, 1 pw 4.6.2.626 local storage . My tower died and I removed the hd and got cables to put on my win 7 laptop for now and on back up drive. This laptop Im using also had 1pw, same version, on it but was not loaded w/ the pw's I need from other machine. I found one Pw on the hard drive from old machine but see nothing worded keychain or anythng. I am clueless as to what to try and open. I hit one thing that opened sign in and I said I had this before but it says not found or I dont know what file to open in it.
Help would be great. Also I dont know how to know if Im opening files for the 1pw program that was orig on laptop or the old tower from drive. Im lost. Thanks for assist I will prob have to switch to online subscribe storage after this, was chicken but not anymore LOL.
Thank you for assist I have limited knowledge on this kind of thing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sloth777
    sloth777
    Community Member

I found a file but its read only data and is prob the one I tried to change permissions did nothing what do I do or are they gone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sloth777: I"m sorry to hear that happened. Were you syncing with anything? That could help. What you need to look for with regard to your 1Password data is an vault, likely called 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault (stored in your Windows user account's Documents folder by default), unless you named it something else. Alternatively, 1Password saves backup archives automatically in your Windows user account's folder under \1Password\Backups\. So a recent one of those would help too. You mentioned finding something already. Can you tell me the file(s) you have? Read only is just an attribute, so you should be able to modify it by right clicking and selecting Properties. At the bottom of the General tab you'll have those. Let me know what you're working with though and we'll go from there. :)

• sloth777
    sloth777
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hi brenty thanks so much for assist: i will attempt to explain Im not sure how well I can: I did not sync with anything. The problem im having is that I run admin side of win 7 (both machines dead and alive win7) and limited user so to speak. I only previously utilized 1 pw on limited user side of laptop and prev tower that died.. That said of course both sides have program loaded so first from f drive old tower drive, I was trying on admin side which had never been used. Then I realized I needed to get this running on limited side so I opened user profile under limited side and found in my documents agile bits zip file and a file with back ups but even if I try to change privelages (dont know what Im doing there looked online so may need clarification) i attempted to import into existing one pw program. It opens empty files or not there in import file window of 1pw. Even tho' when not export I can see backups and agile keych zip files. I copied both 1pw files full deal to my laptop in seperate folders from the hd of old pc so if we need admin files I have them but they should be empty right since I did not run on that side of pc? Thank you Im very lost on this just want pw from tower that died to add to current 1pw program on my laptop assuming that will work? I did read info this site for tf from usb drive but when I click the backup files either folder or indiv folders I see the encrypted files w/ dates but how to get them in the current 1pw console is my problem. If screen shots help Im ready I assume I use icon w/ pic on it above comment box here? thanks so much I do appreciate.

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hello Brenty its sloth777 the orig poster, I found old pw so it signed me in w/ my past acct feel free to merge them if you can to this one, i no longer had info till now! Oh my goodness I got it :) You used the word sync and I did a google search which brought up this: Open and unlock 1Password, then choose Preferences > Sync. Select the vault you want to migrate, then choose Folder from the drop-down menu on the right. In the file browser, navigate to the USB flash drive, then click Open. Click Create New to save your data to the USB flash drive.

It worked!!! :) thank you soooo much for just sayign sync LOL Now did it work because I changed permissions first you think I mean should that of been nes' when tf from old hard drive to my pc to sync? I guess that light bulb over my head needed a nudge :)

• Hi @tkaz7,

That's awesome, we're happy to hear you're back up and running. On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.