7.1.BETA-2 and now browser extensions don't work [7.1.BETA-3 fixed filling issue with Safari]

2»

Comments

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. 1password drops beneath Safari and seems to recognize no websites. From a practical purpose the latest beta has broken it completely.

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member

Also, I don't understand why the beta software doesn't have an automatic leave feedback link rather than having to jump through hoops to get to the forum.

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member

I just "upgraded" to Beta 3 and the Safari extension is still not working.

• edythafrancis
    edythafrancis
    Community Member

Beta 3 here and the issue seems resolved so far :+1:

• @Pelorus32,

did you quit completely before launching beta 3?

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Likewise, Beta-3 does NOT fix the extension issue. I rebooted and still can't install it, behaviour is same as Beta-2.

• @mikeormerod,

That doesn't sound like the extension issue. When you say "can't install it" you mean you can't install the Safari extension?

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Yes. Yesterday with the issues around Beta-2 I un-installed the Safari extension to see if that fixed the issue (which obviously it didn't). As with Beta-2, with Beta-3 if I select 'Install Browser Extension' I'm taken to the 1Pasword web page for Installing the Extension, selecting the 'Install 1Password for Safari' button takes me to the Apple Extension Gallery page. So this may be a result of the changes for Mojave? Is it possible during the Beta to provide a direct download link for the extension?

• @mikeormerod,

Yup, Mojave is the important factor here. You will need to copy and paste this url into Safari to get the Apple Extension Gallery page to display the install link: https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C (clicking it isn't sufficient)

The next update to 1Password will replace the legacy extension with a built-in Safari App Extension and uninstalling/reinstalling of the extension will no longer be needed.

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Thanks, that worked.

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member

Not only does everything work now but it's lightning quick and all the open and fill items (that I've so far used) are quick and all done without having to do a CTRL\ or anything. Thank you very much Agilebits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the followup. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. Thanks for participating in the beta! :)

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member

@Pelorus32,

did you quit completely before launching beta 3?

@rudy Yes I did. In the installer interface it gives the option of quitting all I believe and I took that option. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the extension using the link you furnished to @mikeormerod above. All to no avail. Clicking the extension button causes the menu bar to change from Safari to 1Password and back to Safari. Nothing else happens and the extension doesn't function.

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

Now it works again - but sometimes I have to hit cmd-# twice ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pelorus32: You can Quit 1Password Completely using Command Option Control Q, but I'd suggest restarting your Mac. None of that should be necessary, so something else may be hung up on your machine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1puburap: Can you elaborate?

• Pelorus32
    Pelorus32
    Community Member

@Pelorus32: You can Quit 1Password Completely using Command Option Control Q, but I'd suggest restarting your Mac. None of that should be necessary, so something else may be hung up on your machine.

@brenty I had already restarted as part of an OS update. I've just restarted again now and so far the extension is working.

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member

@brenty ups. ... now all is fine on every tested login page. With beta 1 I had to hit cmd-# (german keyboard) twice. First the logins were filled in and immediately cleared. And with the second cmd-# the login worked.
    Now all seems to work well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pelorus32: That's off, but thanks for letting me know. Hopefully all is well from here on out, but we're here if you need us!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1puburap: Ah gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. The key combination threw me off. It sounds like you're in good shape now, but let us know if you encounter any other issues.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

This discussion has been closed, being primarily about the now-fixed issue in 7.1.BETA-2 that prevented filling from working in Safari, in favor of newer ones when using 7.1.BETA-3 (or later). Cheers. :)

This discussion has been closed.