Dropbox sync never finishes: Syncincing with Dropbox. Asking for Master Password

trailmax
trailmax
Community Member

I'm having troubles with syncing data from Dropbox - it is never complete. I keep seeing notification "Syncing with Dropbox. Asking for Master Password". When I click it, I'm asked for the vault password and then I see never-ending spinning disk that does not do anything.
I'm for sure know that I've added more favourites yesterday from a desktop and I don't see them in my phone.

If I ask for "Sync" from 1P menu, I get a message saying that sync is already in progress.

I had a pin protection on my Dropbox application, but taking it off did not make any difference.

Anything else I can try?

1Password Version: 1P for Android 7.0.Beta-13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@trailmax: Which version of 1Password are you using on your other devices? I'm wondering if you've converted your vault on the computer and the one that 1Password for Android is trying to sync with no longer exists. Let me know what you find!

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@brenty I'm on 7.1.567 on my Windows 10. I've converted vault from v4 to v7 a while ago. There is a zip file of old agilekeychain file (hopefully this will not affect anything)

My phone was recently (3 days ago) reset to manufacturing settings and there was a fresh install of 1PW, so unlikely that there is a reference to a previous type of vault.

• Thanks @trailmax. Is Dropbox running on the system tray on Windows, and does it show as uploading changes?

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@peri Sure it is. I have files synced between 2 desktops, in my Android Dropbox I see latest file changes available.

I've re-installed 1PW on my phone and all the latest changes appeared in the phone. However, when I've changed something in desktop vault, I asked Android 1PW to re-sync, it was asking me for master password again (the vault was unlocked).
    And it looked like the prompt for this password was never visible in the original issue. I'll keep watching this issue, as I suspect this success it not permanent.

• Thanks for the update, @trailmax. Please do keep us posted!

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@peri and the issue is back. Been offline for some time on holidays. Had to get the password today on my phone and I see never ending synchronisation with asking for master password.
    Before that I had a prompt to buy a licence, saying that I had 17 days left on trial. With this rate of issues the buying stage might never come :-(((

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@peri I think I figured it. Restarted the phone and got into 1PW. This time instead of a screen "your licence has 17days left on trial" I had a prompt for master password, and got the sync going.

Feels like that licence banner kills a prompt for master password, and it just left there waiting for user input, never actually presenting a prompt.

• Thanks for the update, @trailmax. I'll look into this and see if I can reproduce it on my end. Let me know if you have any further problems!

• DBO
    DBO
    Community Member

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have the same issue. 1Password for Android is licensed.

I notice that it tries to start the sync from Dropbox and it gets stuck there. If I open the notification I notice that it says Syncing with Dropbox. Asking for Master Password.
    When I tap the notification it doesn't do anything and if I manually open 1Password and enter my fingerprint or master password, it still tries to sync without prompting for the master password to sync.

The only solution I've found is to force kill 1Password and then open the client again. As soon as I authenticate then I am prompted to enter my master password for synchronization.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DBO: What vault format are you using? And have you recently upgraded to the latest version of the 1Password desktop app(s)?

• DBO
    DBO
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, we had that discussion here.

It happens both on my phone and tablet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DBO: I do remember that. But just to make sure we're on the same page, do you mean that you're using the exact same setup you were then, and are you suggesting that this is related?

• DBO
    DBO
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Same setup but different master password without the € sign as we discussed.

I don't think it's related. I would also need to try out without being part of the Android beta, as I'm not sure if it's an issue within the beta release or not.

The problem is easy to replicate on my setup. As soon as there is a change to the vault, the Android clients try to sync but get stuck because there is no pop-up appearing. As I wrote in my previous reply to this thread, it only appears on a new instance of 1Password.

Let me know if you need anything from me, be it logs or whatever you may need.

• Hi @DBO. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92788/dropbox-sync-never-finishes-syncincing-with-dropbox-asking-for-master-password#latest
    • Your forum username: DBO

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• DBO
    DBO
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay, work has been very busy today.
    For the time being I sent you the diagnostic from my phone. The tablet will have to wait until later today.
    The current ID I received is #FLY-87514-593.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DBO: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FLY-87514-593

• DBO
    DBO
    Community Member

@brenty no problem.
    I just sent the log file also from the tablet. I managed to capture it at the moment where it's stuck in asking the password without showing the prompt.

The ID from this email is HIQ-25573-869.

Hope this helps. :)

• Thanks for sending in the report! :)

This discussion has been closed.