Cisco acquiring Duo Security

Options
thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Lounge

Hi all,

I received this email in my inbox this morning. Just thought I would pass it along.

Aug 02, 2018
Dear Tom ,

I am excited to share that today Cisco announced its intent to acquire Duo Security. You can read more about this transformational announcement in today’s press release.

If you read nothing else, please read this: our commitment to provide you with the service and functionality you have been accustomed to will not change. We will also be continuing to expand our library of integrations and innovative solutions to ensure your security choices remain the most loved in the industry.

Why this is a big deal.

Duo’s mission from day one has been to democratize security; bringing usable, accessible security to the broadest audience possible. And with a rapidly changing IT landscape, where employees, customers, partners and vendors access data and applications from almost anywhere, a new security and networking paradigm, built for hybrid on-premises and cloud environments, is needed more than ever.

With this acquisition, Duo’s mission will only accelerate; to secure access for all users, with any device, connecting to any application — and now with Cisco — on any network. Cisco created the modern IT infrastructure, and so it only makes sense for us to join forces, combined with Duo’s innovative security leadership, to fulfill that vision together.

Cisco and Duo are closely aligned in the approach of designing infrastructure for the extended enterprise where users, devices and applications are the center of the modern security architecture. Integrating Cisco’s network, device and cloud security platforms with Duo’s zero-trust authentication and access products, we can better address the complexity challenges that stem from multi-and hybrid-cloud environments such as securing critical data as it moves from one platform or enterprise domain to another.

What changes should you expect?

Between now and close there is no impact on you as Cisco and Duo will continue to operate their businesses independently. Current Duo customer agreements will continue forward, and we will share more details after the acquisition closes which is anticipated to be in the upcoming weeks. Please know that both Duo and Cisco are committed to promoting a seamless integration throughout this process and on behalf of our customers.

You'll likely have many questions, so please don’t hesitate to contact your Duo Security account representative or customer success manager.

On a personal note, I am honored to continue leading Duo as we join the Cisco family. Thank you for your continued partnership with Duo. We look forward to serving you going forward.

Best regards,

Dug Song
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Duo Security

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It'll be interesting to see what this means for Duo longer term.

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

I received the email too. In the meantime, there has been some usability improvements to Duo for iPad. It is now rotatable for use in landscape mode on the iPad and plus sized iPhones, among other improvements and bug fixes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I noticed that too. So long as it keeps being a solid, user-friendly authentication solution, I'm all for it -- especially if this truly democratizes security by making it more affordable in the future.

This discussion has been closed.