1Password and Ubuntu

12345679»

Comments

• landsman
    landsman
    Community Member

Guys, where is the problem with that app? Is there some worries about security or?
    I can't understand why company like 1Password with focus to security, where most of security guys using Linux, don´t have still app for people. I am waiting to response on my tweet:

... please retweet them for more reach.
  • @landsman,

It isn’t a question of security, it is a question of resources. We just don’t have the resources to build a native Linux app. That could change in the future, but it won’t be in the immediate future. We do have a command line interface, 1Password X browser extension (now in both Chrome and Firefox), and the 1Password.com web app which all work on Linux. With each of those tools in hand you have nearly the same level of functionality that an app would provide. If there is functionality you’re missing please let us know, as perhaps we can work on bringing that to the existing offerings, rather than focusing on a native app, which unfortunately is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Ben

• landsman
    landsman
    Community Member

Oh, that CLI tool looks good, thanks.

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. I hope the CLI proves helpful. :)

Ben

• octoxan
    octoxan
    Community Member

@Ben It's still currently impossible to search the notes or tags in the web interface, but I know you can search at least the notes associated with each password in the Windows app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Also, you can use tag:tagname to specify that you're searching for a tag in 1Password for Windows version 7. Hopefully we'll be able to add more advanced search capabilities to the web interface in the future too. :)

• vinc3m1
    vinc3m1
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

FWIW I've been waiting for a Linux app that can access a Dropbox synced opvault file for a really long time, and since I couldn't find any decent existing ones with the features I wanted I built one myself: https://github.com/vinc3m1/1pa It supports searching through all fields and has simple read and copy to clipboard capability, which is enough for my needs right now. Obviously the usual disclaimers apply: inspect the code, make sure you trust where you put your password, etc. but just thought I'd share with the thread.

• Thanks for letting us know about this @vinc3m1, and for taking the time to build such a thing. We strongly believe in the ability of folks to do so. That's why you have secrets; we don't. Why our data format is public. (link to AgileBits blog post). That said we strongly discourage anyone from typing their Master Password into anything that isn't 1Password. We don't have any reason to believe that @vinc3m1's code is malicious, and considering he has been kind enough to share the code it is seemingly unlikely that it is. Regardless, for what are hopefully obvious reasons, our recommendation stands.

Ben

• riccardobrasca
    riccardobrasca
    Community Member

Hi, one small missing functionality in the web version of 1password is the possibility of adding a TOTP using a QR code. Is it possible to add this?

• @riccardobrasca

I’m not personally familiar with the feasibility of that but I’ll certainly pass the suggestion along to our team for their consideration, assuming it is possible.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.