Error on Mojave / 1Password 7 7.1.BETA-3: execution error: osascript not allowed to send keystrokes

DanEpsPA
DanEpsPA
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I double click to fill in a password, I get the following message, yet it fills in my password:

The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/dan/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:143:159: execution error: System Events got an error: osascript is not allowed to send keystrokes. (1002)

Any suggestions? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-3
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90 chrome
OS Version: mojave latest beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DanEpsPA: I've moved you to the beta category. This error will go away because the autosubmit script is going away. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time. You can disable it now in Preferences > Browsers.

• jerrixbe
    jerrixbe
    Community Member

Why is the autosubmit going away? I love the feature?

• DanEpsPA
    DanEpsPA
    Community Member

brenty, can you elaborate? There is no autosubmit script disable in Preferences > Browsers. I think I disabled the right one (automatically sign in ....) after trial and error but the error message was so cryptic (and your answer also) that it took a few tries and I'm not sure whether it is really disabled.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DanEpsPA: Sorry for not being clearer. Indeed, "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" is the option you're looking for:

It use to just be called "Autosubmit". I guess old habits die hard. :) Disabling that will avoid the error.

• jerrixbe
    jerrixbe
    Community Member

Thats not quite a solution but rather a workaround. I prefer I don't have to press enter everytime...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jerrixbe: As indicated by the error message, it's not going to be permitted to send keystrokes going forward. So autosubmit has to go away. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I can't argue with the fact that even though 1this is something you'd want 1Password to be able to do that leaves the door open for malicious use of this ability as well. We go to a lot of trouble though to have 1Password leaves focus in the password field after filling, so in the vast majority of cases you can simply press Return to submit the form. That's all the script was doing anyway.

• jerrixbe
    jerrixbe
    Community Member

Thanks for clarification. I've disabled the checkbox.
    Jeroen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Again, I'm sorry for being a bit vague earlier. Thank you for asking. :chuffed:

• Greg_K
    Greg_K
    Community Member

Just a heads-up...in Mojave (probably previous versions as well!), you can just give Accessibility Access to Script Editor and it doesn't throw the error anymore.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not something that I'd recommend since Apple will just be locking things down further going forward, but if that works for you now there's no harm. :)

This discussion has been closed.