Help! I had to pay for a new 'subscription' 1PW acct it's conflicting with my previous paid one

I already had a previous 1PW (v4) and account working well on my PC, Mac and Android devices. In upgraded to a newer Mac and new PC I immediately encountered conflicts trying to get 1PW to work correctly. I still have the original version 4 on my laptop PC 'trying to work smoothly as before', but now the newer 1PW version (which looks like it required me to get on a different 'pay every year' plan) seems to have complicated 1PW v4's former ease of use. For example requiring new/addition steps, and at least on the PC a far less elegant / verbose UI/UX. (see "FWIW" below)

What precisely do I do to resolve the two conflicting 1PW versions? Can I just go back to my original smooth-working 1PW (v4) which is apparently now being overridden by the newer more complicated 1PW (v7)?

Desktop Mac Pro with High Sierra
Desktop PC with Windows 10
Laptop PC with Windows 10
Android Phone LG V20 and Tablet
I use the 1PW Desktop app and 1PW extension for browsers on each of the computers.

FWIW - I feel the v7 UI/UX is a BIG step backwards -- less elegant, more clutter/jumble/scrolling, no (apparent) access to the Desktop version from a browser, and poor upgrading from a previous version -- clouding what 'was once a purchased product' with what looks to be a mandatory rental' -- unless you agree to 'no support' for your early version (odd because there's a huge database created by users already available to provide v4 support).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help! I signed up/paid for a new 'subscription' 1PW acct conflicting with my previous one

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Durl: I think there may be some confusion. 1Password 4 didn't involve an account, as 1Password.com memberships did not exist at that time. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use the version of 1Password you purchased already without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, just let me know what you'd like to accomplish and the details of what you have already, and I can help you get sorted. :)

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member

Aug 21, 2018

Hi Brenty,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

As I am a daily user of at least two Windows PCs, 1-2 Macs, and two Android devices (phone and tablet), it looks like my newer 1PW purchase "Order Reference 1PA180720-4789-41194" for 1PW version 7 (see - image of the order confirmation attached below), appearing to be only Windows-specific, would not be what I need to resolve the older 1PW v4 and the newer v7 conflict on my devices.

Kindly let me know what I should to do to apply the recent purchase amount to the 1PW membership plan mentioned in your reply above so that I can have to my 1PW account for: "Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, and web".

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Regards, Darrell

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@Durl: I'm really sorry for the confusion there. Indeed, you purchased a license for 1Password for Windows version 7. That won't be valid for any of the other apps, so you'd need to purchase those separately (if you haven't already). However, if you'd rather get all all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership, we can help with that too. Either way, I'll shoot you an email here shortly and we can get your sorted. :)

ref: FIM-64263-733

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

Yes, your assistance will be much appreciated. I understand the Windows version is in a free trial-period which I presume, a 'returning' of it (a cancelling of the trial) would allow a full refunding of the $49.95 (for the unnecessary Win-only purchase). I'm happy to have the fee refunded or 're-purposed' for the 1PW membership. Please let me know what we can do to get the membership working ASAP, the v4/v7 1PWs are not happy with one another, and I am not able to use my 1PW account on most of my devices.

Regards, Darrell

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Durl: I'm sorry. I emailed you a couple days ago but it sounds like you didn't receive it for some reason (or maybe it wound up in your spam folder). I've resent it. Please let me know if you didn't receive it again. Otherwise just reply there and we'll get you sorted. :)

• Durl
    Durl
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hi Brenty,

I may be a bit confused on how your communicating a solution to me. I've checked all of my emails since August 14 and there is no email re 1PW (none in my spam folder either). My most-used email address is [removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum] is this the email address you've used?

As we're going on nearly two weeks since the 14th -- it would be super helpful to get the IPW v4/v7 conflict reolved today--I can't use 1PW on almost all of my devices.

Sincerely, Darrell

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I may be a bit confused on how your communicating a solution to me. I've checked all of my emails since August 14 and there is no email re 1PW (none in my spam folder either). My most-used email address is [removed by 1Password team — this is a public forum] is this the email address you've used?

@Durl: I wasn't using that email address because I had no way of knowing it existed. I've been emailing you at the address you used to sign up here on the forum. I've emailed you again using the email address you've now provided. If for some reason you still aren't seeing it, please check your spam folder, and send an email to support@1password.com with the following Support ID (including the square brackets) as the subject:

[#FIM-64263-733]

If you’re reading this and you are not Durl, this Support ID is for Durl only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see your reply we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: FIM-64263-733

This discussion has been closed.