1Password Mini scroll handle release mouse button bug

I'm running 1Password 7.0.558 on Windows 7 and 10, and on both OSes, if I grab the scroll handle on the right side of the Mini window, the moment I release it, it launches a web browser window and tries to connect to the URL and auto-fill the username and password of the last-highlighted entry.

If I instead use the mouse scroll wheel or trackpad scroll gesture to traverse the Mini's window, the bug does not happen.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @b_black227,

Thanks for reporting this, we can reproduce this and will get it fixed.

ref: OPW-2120

• cgerson_live_com
    cgerson_live_com
    Community Member

I reported a similar or the same bug as well. With Windows 10/Chrome, releasing the scroll thumb doesn't launch a new window, but does immediately go to the previous highlighted site. It is still present in 7.1.567.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @cgerson_live_com,

It does sound very similar. This issue will be fixed in one of the future updates for 1Password 7, so please stay tuned. Thanks! :+1:

ref: OPW-2120
    ref: EKT-67481-912

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

Glad to see this bug was previously reported. I just encountered it and came prepared with instructions for you to reproduce it. Now all I have to do is watch for it to magically become fixed. Agilebits is quite nice that way.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@bkh: Thank you for your kind words! :+1:

Please stay tuned for the future updates and check the release notes. ;)

If you have any other questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

• cgerson_live_com
    cgerson_live_com
    Community Member

This annoying bug is still not fixed after three updates. Please don't show my email address publicly.

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @cgerson_live_com,

We're not showing your email address in public. Are you referring to your username? If yes, you need to change your username to something else, do you want me to remove the live_com part?

As for the bug, it'll be fixed when we get to it and we don't have a timeframe on this.

This discussion has been closed.