1password not fills login website after update of the website.

1password isn't able to fill the following website anymore, after they changes the website:
https://mijn.ing.nl/login

Other websites are filled correctly by 1password. Any idea how to solve this?
I think the html field id's are still the same. The 1password login shows the fields username and password in the "Web form details".
I am using it with the latest Chrome version, latest mac and 1password version

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edbras,

It will sound a bit counter-intuitive but can you remove the the 1Password extension, restart Chrome and then install the beta version of the extension which is currently at 4.7.1.4. Everything that is in the stable 4.7.2 is in that beta but it also supports something called shadow DOMs which this site is using. This Browsers - 1Password will allow you to install the beta directly. We've limited shadow DOM support to the beta for the moment to make sure it didn't affect the performance of the extension too badly; supporting shadow DOMs unfortunately requires some inefficient querying but given the lack of complaints its maybe time to add that support to the stable version as well.

I believe even with filling available that you won't find the submit after filling works, again a limitation from shadow DOMs based on my earlier testing.

• edbras
    edbras
    Community Member

Hi,
    Thanks, I installed the beta version and it almost solved the issue.
    I have 3 login's: 2 of them work, but 1 of them doesn't work.
    The difference I notice is in the web form details.
    The one that work:

The one that doesn't work:

Note: the labels of the web form that works, is different from the other web form that also works.

I renamed the username of the one that doesn't work and filled it in manually, such that I hope that 1password would offer to create a new login, but it didn't.

How to solve this?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @edbras,

I would probably go with saving a new Login item using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. You should find that helps, please say if it doesn't.

• edbras
    edbras
    Community Member

Ok, thanks, I did that, and it works fine again.
    So the beta version with shadow dom seems to work in my case.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm sure it will eventually make its way into the stable but for now at least the beta helps :smile:

• jordvisser
    jordvisser
    Community Member

I knew you guys were already looking into this, hero's! installed the beta right away :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad it proved helpful :smile:

This discussion has been closed.