Firefox browser extension sometimes slow to respond

It happens regularly that I click on the 1Password browser extension icon in my Firefox and it takes several seconds for it to show the menu. Sometimes it's 1 or 2 seconds, other times it can go up to 10 seconds.
Most of the time though (80%+), especially when it was already opened recently, it shows within a second.

It still works, but it's annoying. It's been happening for well over a year. The amount of time is limited, but if you add it all up, I wouldn't be surprised if it's over an hour of waiting per year. Not including the wasted time because of lost attention.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 (24)
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Vault in Dropbox

Comments

• @bennyg: I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the extension in Firefox. You mention it's quicker when it was opened recently. Does the trouble generally arise the very first time you use the extension and get better after first use, or do you sometimes see it takes a while to display even when you've been using Firefox for an extended period?

• bennyg
    bennyg
    Community Member

I would say that it's almost always the very first time yes. But I'm not sure if that's always the case.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@bennyg: Thank you for the info!

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you bumped into this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report on our side. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bennyg
    bennyg
    Community Member

Done! Here is my Support ID: [#ZQW-52414-887]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bennyg: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZQW-52414-887

• Enric
    Enric
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I'm also having this problem, but it started appearing only after upgrading to 1Password 7 for Windows from version 6. Currently I have version 7.2.576. Sometimes the delay is in showing the menu, and other times is in applying the selected credentials. and when the latter happends, it does not submit the form either so you keep waiting for it to login until you realize the page has not submitted. 1Password is supposed to speed up the authentication process, but with Firefox and its 1P extensions, it is actually taking me less time to type the credentials manually than doing it with 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Enric: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the trouble. We've identified some bottlenecks in the architecture and are working to streamline things to make it more responsive. When you unlock 1Password at first, it will immediately try to sync, decrypt what you're accessing, and more under the hood, which can make it unresponsive temporarily, but within about 30 seconds all of the initialization processes should be completed and it will work the way you expect. Our forum for 7.3 is to improve that. Thanks for the feedback on this.

This discussion has been closed.