Family Vault + Lost master password

Karate_grrl
Karate_grrl
Community Member

Hello hello! I hope you people can help. I've been a committed user of 1Password for the last several years and have been singing your praises to my family members for most of that time. Finally - FINALLY! - they've agreed to give it a run. So a couple of weeks ago I went in, set up a new vault for them under a month-long free trial (because I was a legacy user of the 1Password6 (and 5 and 4 and ...) so they could give it a whirl.

Just this past weekend (I know - insert eye roll here) my husband decided to give it a try and that was when I discovered to my horror that my dutifully saved 1Password Emergency Kit DID NOT INCLUDE THE MASTER PASSWORD I had set up when I opened up this new account. ARGH. So of course I don't remember it. And I don't know how to get it back without flattening the new family vault. Which is not a problem if someone tells me how to do that - I'll just set it all up again - but I do need to know that that won't blow away all my 300+ saved passwords I currently have in my own vault.

Help?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi, @Karate_grrl.

If no one was using the family account and saving any information in there, it's safe to delete it. We'll want to check on that though to be sure. Could you send me a diagnostics report from your Mac? This guide explains how to do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Post that ID here so I can find your email and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

• Karate_grrl
    Karate_grrl
    Community Member

Hi Rob. Support ID: #RFX-59331-876

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Karate_grrl: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: RFX-59331-876

• Karate_grrl
    Karate_grrl
    Community Member

Thank you! Much appreciated.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.