1Password7 not working in Chrome

Options
williamwdoyle
williamwdoyle
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I did some searching through the forums and I've seen some topics that could be related, but don't seem to match my exact issue. I can't imagine that if this were a widespread issue there wouldn't be more posts on the topic, so I guess I'll just put this here in hopes that someone will be able to add some insight.

I upgraded to 1Password7 when it came out and it worked without issue. For the past several weeks though, my chrome extensions doesn't work at all. Clicking on the extension doesn't bring up the UI component. Right clicking on an input field and selecting 1 Password from the contextual menu doesn't bring up the UI component. When I hit command + \, it does bring up the mini UI, but the UI is suggesting that I install the Chrome extension (which I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed numerous times). I also read in one post that someone opened the main 1Password7.app window and entered their master password and this resolved their issues, but no dice for me.

I have verified that I have the most recent version of 1Password7, the extension and Chrome installed, so I'm stumped here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-3
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @williamwdoyle! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now with 1Password's Chrome extension. Can I ask: did anything change with regard to your Mac's setup around the time you noticed the Chrome extension no longer working? Did you move 1Password OR Chrome from your Applications folder to another folder? Did you install/change anything else?

• williamwdoyle
    williamwdoyle
    Community Member
    Options

None of the above. I have a pretty standard setup in regards to application install directories. I also haven't installed anything new recently. I mostly use this machine to shell into servers for development purposes and personal web surfing

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williamwdoyle - OK, thanks for the clarification. To get a closer look at what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#MEB-31836-572]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

ref: MEB-31836-572

This discussion has been closed.