Going from .opvault to .agilekeychain

Options
femaleproton
femaleproton
Community Member

I am running 1password 7 on my mac and am trying to import my passwords into 1password Android. I do not want to use dropbox and the WLAN option doesn't work so I am trying to Local Storage option. I am aware that with this option, vaults in .opvault aren't recognized and .agilekeychain are. I also realize I can sign up for Password 7 Beta on android but I don't use google play store so that's not possible. So I took an .opvault and send it to my android but first switched the file name from 1password.opvault to 1password.agilekeychain. 1password Android now recognized the vault and prompts me to enter the password but when I do so it doesn't work. Instead an error message (of which I can only read part, the rest is cut off) says "please report this error so that we ma". This flashed for about a second and then I am again prompted to enter my Master Password but this time instead of the blue button underneath saying "sync" (do you really mean import by this?) it says "send sync report", Anyway, due to privacy reasons I'm not interested in sending the sync report, but I would love to know how to properly convert my .opvault to .agilekeychain format so I can use 1password on Android. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.1 BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@femaleproton: If you're unwilling to share any diagnostic information, don't use the Google Play store, and won't use Dropbox or WLAN Server, there's not much we can do. But you can certainly convert your data to OPVault using the desktop app.

• femaleproton
    femaleproton
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I am trying to do the opposite. I am trying to convert my data from OPVault to agilekeychain so that 1password 6.8 on Android can read it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@femaleproton: I apologize. I did get it completely backward. There isn't a way to do that without exporting everything and saving it to a new vault, and that's definitely not something I'd recommend. OPVault would work for you in 6.8 if you used Dropbox. Version 7 supports OPVault for local storage as well, so you could either use the beta or wait for the final release.

This discussion has been closed.