To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I move 1Password 4 vaults to the 1Password membership?

Options
mpdavis2
mpdavis2
Community Member

I have 1Password (version 4.6.2.626) with a license #. I have it on my laptop, desktop and iPhone. Somehow, I created 4 vaults. I think everything is in my 1Password 3 vault but there could be a misc item or so in one of the other vaults, which is why I never deleted them. Because it has been such a pain trying to figure out how to open a vault on a new computer (I've done it before but I have been having issues this time), I decided to upgrade to the 1Password Membership. Now, I can't figure out how to copy the vaults into the new Membership account. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I have already spent a great deal of time trying to figure it out.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Maria

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and iPhone,
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I move 1Password 4 vaults to the 1Password membership?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Maria ( @mpdavis2 ),

We have a guide on migrating from standalone vaults to 1Password membership available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you have trouble with any of that please let us know where you run into trouble, and what you see instead of what was expected.

Thanks!

Ben

• trishwinter59
    trishwinter59
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

I have a similar issue to Maria. I have been happily using 1password 4 on my old macbook pro. I am now trying to migrate everything to a new imac. I have already visited the link you provide above and tried to follow the instructions. I have signed up for a 1 password account in order to try and help wtih this migration.

My problem is that when I open the 1password account on the computer that has the vault with all my priceless info in it, it doesn't give me the option to add it to the account. Trying to do it manually I go to preferences but there is no 'account' option.

Can you advise?
    Thanks
    trish

• Ben
    Options

Hi @trishwinter59.

Maria is using Windows, so this is a little different. On Mac you need to get up to 1Password 7 before you’ll be able to add your account and transition your data. You can download 1Password 7 here:

Download for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux | 1Password

Once installed sign in to your membership account and 1Password will walk you through the migration.

Ben

• trishwinter59
    trishwinter59
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. I'm sorted now. I didn't have the right OSX to get 1Password 7 on my old computer (or the capacity to upgrade) so I exported my data as a CSV(?) file and then imported it into my new account. It worked. Just making a note of it here in case anyone else is searching for the same problem.
    Trish

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that worked, but I’d highly recommend removing the export file now that you’re set as that file isn’t encrypted.

Ben

ref: MIH-18928-471

This discussion has been closed.