7.2 beta: Option to turn on clipboard notifications disappears on autofill setup screen

Options
Tetryl91
Tetryl91
Community Member

When going to the iOS settings app to set up autofill, once you enable autofilling for 1Password, a screen pops up that says “Autofill passwords updating” and below it there’s an option to turn on clipboard notifications. Problem is after a second or two both the autofill passwords updating and the option to turn on clipboard notifications disappears, leaving only the top bar with a 1Password label and a done button. Video below.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmXe4DkZxgNVgt1Xor5-S5OpCGCg4A

This happened on both my iPad and iPhone running the latest iOS 12 public beta, 1PW 7.2 (70200002). I actually didn’t read the screen fast enough before it disappeared and was wondering why I couldn’t get it to copy TOTPs, lol. It wasn’t until setting up a second device that I realized what was going on. If I turn on the option before it disappears setup works fine, but if you miss it you have to turn off and turn on autofill and try again.

1Password Version: 7.2 (70200002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12 Public Beta 8
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

[Sorry this was already reported and can be deleted]

This happened on two devices I installed 7.2b (iPhone X and iPad Pro). When I first enabled the 1Password in the iOS AutoFill Passwords section, I got the "allow clipboard notifications" popup, but it would disappear after a few seconds. I can't get it to repro now, but it definitely happened.

1Password Version: 7.2 (70200002)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 12 public beta 8 (or 9?)
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. Same behavior here on my iPhoneX and iPad as well. I will delete my duplicate report.

• evanmoore
    evanmoore
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't have this problem. I'm on iPhone 7 Plus

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion there, folks. I think it does make sense to have that setting accessible any time. We'll be addressing that in an update. Thank you all for bringing it up! :)

ref: apple-2061

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

(Merged discussions)

This discussion has been closed.