Need my vault from OSx app store

Options
PrestonE
PrestonE
Community Member

Hello,

I purchase 1 password as an app a few years ago and have been using it successfully ever since. I love it!

However, now that my mac has bit the dust, I need to use my vault on Windows...

How can I access my OSx vault (that again, was used through the app store and iCoud) on Windows? I don't want to pay for something I already purchased, and I can't access OSx.

Please help!!!

Thank you,
Preston

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @PrestonE! Thanks so much for the kind words -- we're glad you love 1Password. There are two issues here; one is getting you your data back, and the other is how/what you've paid for previously. I'm much more concerned about the former.

If you were using 1Password only on the Mac, were you syncing it via iCloud or Dropbox? If you weren't syncing it, and your previous Mac is no longer available, then your data will be unrecoverable. But if it's on Dropbox, this will be relatively easy. If you were using iCloud to sync, then you'll need an Apple device to recover it and transfer it to a different format. If that's the case, do you still have perhaps an iPad or iPhone on which you could install 1Password and access your data?

• PrestonE
    PrestonE
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,

Thank you so much for your insight! I have been able to secure an iPad and have decrypted my password vault. I'm not entirely sure why this method hadn't occurred to me, I guess it was the security loop I was stuck in. Needless to say, your software is essential to good security, and the proof couldn't more evidenced by me being (temporarily) locked out of my own life!

Again, thank you!

Are there pricing options for legacy users?

• Ben
    Options

@PrestonE

On behalf of Lars you’re very welcome. Please feel free to reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com for any promotions you might be eligible for. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.