Discord crash w/no account name

tewha
tewha
Community Member
  1. Set up Discord entry on the Mac. You'll end up with an entry without an account name.
  2. Let 1Password on iOS sync.
  3. Launch Discord, which offers a 1Password button.
  4. Use it to fill the form. Crash.

When I examined the 1Password entry, I saw it only had a password and not an account name. Adding the account name caused it to fill into Discord correctly.

I think this is probably Discord's bug, and they're probably handling the null user account poorly. But you might want to look at it, too, and make sure. Missing account names are probably not the usual path. (You also might be able to fix this by returning an empty string instead of null.)

1Password Version: 7.1 (70100006)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 13 db 4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tewha: Interesting. Can you clarify what you mean by "account name" though?

• tewha
    tewha
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Oops. I used the wrong term, and made it worse by forgetting to follow this up. Basically, my first 1Password entry had a password and website but not a username. That's just how it saved for some reason.

• Hi Steven, thanks for the report. I just tested this myself and Discord appears to do the right thing regardless of my Login having a username or not. I also noticed that it works just fine with Password AutoFill on iOS 12. 🙂 Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

This discussion has been closed.