1Password 7: How to cancel import?

Options
ansciath
ansciath
Community Member

I was importing previous vaults into a new installation of 1Password 7, when I realized I no longer had the password to one of the vaults. There doesn't seem to be any way to cancel an import once you've chosen a file to import. 1Password 7 asks for the password in a pop-up, but the only button is "Continue Import" and the "close window" button of the import dialog is disabled. Closing 1Password and re-opening doesn't help, as it restores the errant import dialog.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@ansciath - you're correct; at that point in the process there's no way to cancel, unfortunately. You'll need to force-quit 1Password 7. To do that:

• Click the Apple menu at the very top left of your screen
    • Choose "Force Quit"
    • In the pop-up, select 1Password 7 and quit it.

When you return, 1Password should be locked and after unlocking, the import should be canceled.

ref: apple-2063

• ansciath
    ansciath
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that's what I eventually figured out. I suspected 1Password wouldn't be able to save the window state with a forced quit.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ansciath - well, glad you weren't stuck in limbo for TOO long; I'm just sorry you experienced this bug. Were you able remember your old secondary vault's password eventually?

This discussion has been closed.