Can I get 1Password to download the icon for the LNER website login?

Options
Jolin Warren
Jolin Warren
Community Member

There's been a change in the train operator between Edinburgh and London from Virgin Trains East Coast to LNER. Because of this, the website changed in the past week to lner.co.uk. I therefore updated 1Password today and removed the old URL from the entry, replacing it with lner.co.uk. When I did this, the nice icon disappeared and instead of being replaced by the one for LNER, it's generic. In the past, I thought 1Password would download new icons when necessary. How can I get it to download the icon from the LNER site? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jolin Warren - Rich Icons are downloaded from our server. We've got quite a few of them, but obviously the more out-of-the-way a particular site is, the less likely it will be that we have a downloadable Rich Icon for it.

However, all is not lost: you can easily download the icon yourself, from either the new or old URL (if the older one is still active), and add it into your 1Password for Mac Login item manually. To do so, select the record in the Items List in 1Password for Mac, then click "Edit." Click the icon square, and you'll be able to upload any image (in the proper format: JPG, PNG) for the site that you like.

• Jolin Warren
    Jolin Warren
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks, @Lars I was going to do a manual download as a last resort, so will do that now. I assumed the icons were downloaded by automatically using the site's "apple-touch-icon" resource. Is there a way to submit sites for inclusion on your server? The LNER site isn't particularly out of the way, as it's a high profile rail operator used by millions of people a year. 😉

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jolin Warren Could you please post the URLs of the sites you are looking for Rich Icons for (even if that's just LNER), along with high quality images that represent each?

We are currently adding icons manually as they’re requested, but it’s not always been that way. Indeed, we have tens of thousands of rich icons saved for different domains, and we certainly didn’t add them all manually.

At this point, though, the process is manual. As such it may take a while before we are able to add any particular site. We hope to start automatically retrieving icons again soon, but with all the other projects going on, it hasn’t happened just yet. Thanks for helping us out with this!

• Jolin Warren
    Jolin Warren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars, thanks for the explanation and offer to add some icons. If it's possible to add the following four, that would be great!

lner.co.uk

virgintrains.co.uk

southwesternrailway.com

beantodoor.co.uk

Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jolin Warren - thanks; we'll get these added as quickly as possible. I can't say how quickly that will be, as adding rich icons is relatively low-priority in comparison to other items on our plates, but thanks for doing the legwork on these. :)

• Jolin Warren
    Jolin Warren
    Community Member
    Options

Of course, totally understand. Thanks for your responsiveness and putting them in the queue. ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jolin Warren - looks like all the icons have been updated. You should see the high-resolution versions now. If not, remove the existing low-res ones using Edit, then let it refresh.

• Jolin Warren
    Jolin Warren
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars thanks, thay're all looking good now!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jolin Warren :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.