When I open 1password extension on my MAC, it keep coming up asking me to put in master password.

Options
negativeh
negativeh
Community Member

When I open 1password extension on my MAC, it keep coming up asking me to put in master password. I have a new MAC Book pro (not the new one that just can out. Bought in 2017. Running High Sierra. All software up to date. Can't seem to get to touch ID.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.7 (70007000)
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: High SIerra 10.13.6
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search: When I open 1password extension on my MAC, it keep coming up asking me to put in master password.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@negativeh: In order to use Touch ID in 1Password, you need to have it enabled and also have unlocked 1Password using your Master Password already. Please give that a try and let me know.

• negativeh
    negativeh
    Community Member
    Options

I'll check to see that it's enabled. I've been using it with the touch bar for months but I will check.

• negativeh
    negativeh
    Community Member
    Options

No dice. I have never had this problem before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@negativeh: Make sure you have Touch ID enabled both in System Preferences:

and in 1Password Preferences:

Is that the case?

• negativeh
    negativeh
    Community Member
    Options

No. Both are enabled

• Ben
    Options

Next time 1Password asks you for your Master Password when you expect it to allow you to unlock with Touch ID I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/457521/#Comment_457521
    • Your forum username: negativeh

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.