To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Start over not working

julienz
julienz
Community Member

Hi,

I forgot my master password, and was trying the "Start over" process both on my Mac and my Iphone, but my account is still there whenever I launch 1Password again. I don't have any data that I'd like to keep, so I'm 100% happy to erase everything and to start over, but I just don't know what to do at this stage (I really don't want to use another email address).

Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @julienz,

If you have a 1Password membership that you need to delete because you cannot recall the credentials please reach out to our sales team at sales@1passsword.com. They’ll be able to help. :)

When you email in you’ll get a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• julienz
    julienz
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

thanks a lot for that. I just sent an email. Here is my support ID: [#ZHT-39682-589].

Thanks again!
    Julien

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@julienz - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly.

ref: ZHT-39682-589

• julienz
    julienz
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, everything works perfectly now!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• merryguti
    merryguti
    Community Member

Hello,

Could I please get some help creating a new account and applying the tidBITS membership discount?

1. I recently became a tidBITS member and read TC of 1Password.
    2. I was hoping to open an account, but the application is telling me there's already one under my email address.
    3. So I tried doing the start over process, but have the same problem as julienz.
    4. I tried emailing "sales@1passsword.com" as you recommended in this thread, but received an "address not found" error.

I want to note that you have two (1. the "start over" process and 2. the instructions outlined here) public but broken instructions for how to deal with this non-trivial problem. It would be good to unify and correct those, given what a quality (possibly the best password manager) service you provide :).

Thanks and I look forward to keeping an account with you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@merryguti: You've got an extra "s" in there. Please email us at sales@1password.com with the details, post the Support ID you receive here, and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

Regarding "starting over", those instructions are correct and work just fine, but they are for the 1Password app, not a way to nuke an account.

• merryguti
    merryguti
    Community Member

Oh, that's terribly embarrassing! Used the right email, got super quick responses, and was able to delete my account.
    Successfully opened new one as well.

Thanks a lot!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.