WeTransfer login

Options

Hey all,

We're having some problems with 1Password filling in our sign in form at https://wetransfer.com/sign-in, it fills in the password fine, but skips the email field. Reproducable in both Chrome and Firefox.

Going through the tips here: https://support.1password.com/compatible-website-design/ we did a full check and nothing seems to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @cleemputc,

Somebody else raised this a while back and I did file an issue but it got lost amongst some significant rewriting we were doing.

When 1Password is asked to fill the form what we do is we try to simulate as best we can user behaviour. We place focus on the field to mimic clicking it. We then set the value of the field and fire off a number of keyboard events to try and ensure we trigger any required response from the page. For this page we click on the email field, set the value, click on the password field and set its value.

I don't know why but the email field is being cleared when focus shifts from the email to the password field. The only reason the password field isn't also cleared is its the final field and so focus is left on it. Counterintuitively, if we place focus on one field and fill the opposite one then the field doesn't get cleared. You can simulate this by using the browser console and a combination of document.getElementsByName("email")[0].value = "somebody@example.com" and document.getElementsByName("password")[0].value = "peekaboo" along with real mouse clicks for changing focus.

With your better understanding of the underlying code is there anything that might explain why this happens? We could add an exception to 1Password, but these can be a bit fragile given they rely on the structure of the page not changing. It is an option for unusual sites though where more fundamental changes to the code would either not help or would negatively impact more sites than the change would help with. I'll be interested to hear what you think and I'd love to learn what seems to be causing the field to clear just for my own edification.

• cleemputc
    cleemputc
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

I am currently exploring the way we set up this field component, I was wondering if you have any particular approach concerning React applications?

• cleemputc
    cleemputc
    Community Member
    Options

Hey again :)

We managed to solve the problem by checking the value of the field onFocus, we were already doing this onBlur but not onFocus and this has fixed our issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cleemputc,

My knowledge on React is pretty sparse so I'm glad you you've found something that works. That said I'm curious. I would assume onFocus triggers when the field is first selected whilst onBlur is when focus is removed. If we set focus on the email field and then set the field value shouldn't the onBlur event recognise the current field value or is it do with the internal data model that React seems to have (that's pretty much the extent of my React knowledge btw).

Either way, I am happy to learn whatever you've changed seems to help and I hope it wasn't too large a change.

This discussion has been closed.