Upgrade to Membership & 1Password 7 / Two vaults??

spduffens
spduffens
Community Member

On my Mac laptop last night I upgraded my account to a "Membership". Then I upgraded to 1Password 7. On this computer, it shows two vaults. One is "Personal" and the other shows ON MY MAC - "Primary". Why are there two vaults shown? I then downloaded 1Password 7 to another iMac. It only shows the "Persona" vault, not the "Primary". I also upgraded my Android phone with 1Password 7 and only shows the "Personal" vault.

Why are two vaults shown on one computer and not the other one and my phone? The same information is in the "Personal" and "Primary" vaults.

My Macs are both macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I use DropBox to store my vault. Current vault file name = 1Password.opvault

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

This happens because you are changing from a licence to a membership.

Membership has a Personal vault. But when transferring from a licence, your previous data goes into a Primary vault, which is outside your subscription account. You say there is the same data in the Primary and the Personal vault. In the early days of membership, you had to transfer data from Primary to Personal yourself, I guess the later versions of 1PW do it for you.

Once everything is working fine, you no longer need the Primary vault. In the Advanced section of Preferences, you can uncheck "allow creation of vaults outside 1Password account" and it will be deleted.

Note that with membership, syncing is done for you, and you no longer use Dropbox to sync.

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member

Danco,
    Just in case you didn't notice, the Advanced icon located within the Preferences of 1PW does not include a box or a statement "allow the creation of vaults outside 1Password account. " Since I changed to membership (Version 7.1.1) I have two master passwords. One master password works on my MACBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone. A totally separate and old master password works on my iMAC 27. I have been asking to get the instructions so that I have ONE MASTER password for all of my devices. Also, instructions on how to remove the Primary vault and demo vault.
    I have sent troubleshooting 1Password5Troubleshooting reports to Laura Rooke 1Password Support Shaker. Please also note that there are no updates to this Troubleshooting software.
    One more item since we're on the topic of Version 7. The software no longer opens and fills in the information.

OSX.13.6
    Firefox Add-on ver. 4.3.7.90

• spduffens
    spduffens
    Community Member

Danco - Thanks for the information. That clears up my questions. Didn't know that Dropbox is no longer used.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

@nicholar

Danco,
    Just in case you didn't notice, the Advanced icon located within the Preferences of 1PW does not include a box or a statement "allow the creation of vaults outside 1Password account.

It certainly does, I'm looking at it on my 1PW (Mac version) as I write. And it has existed for a long time.

But I will leave the AgileBits people to answer your specific questions.

• @nicholsr

We have not received your diagnostic report(s), as Laura noted in her last email to you. Please make sure when sending them that you include the support ID that Laura provided so that they are routed correctly.

To avoid duplicating efforts please continue the conversation with Laura via email.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: WXY-71827-176

• @spduffens

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear danco was able to help. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.