1password 6 appears empty on Mac after sync with iPhone

Options
BK_Photo
BK_Photo
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

Hello,

I have two vaults synced with the iPhone an iPad over DropBox. Since this week my 1Password on the Mac appears empty. I can still see the number of items in the categories but if I click on them, it appears empty ("click the + button to add your first object"). Same in 1Password Mini

Is it possible, that the synchronization with the latest iPhone-App makes the vaults not readable for 1Password 6 on Mac?

please help! i have over 1600 Passwords inside!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @BK_Photo - I'm sorry for the trouble. No, syncing your data between devices shouldn't do that. And don't worry -- if you can still see your data in your iPhone and iPad, that means you haven't lost it. We just need to figure out what's happening.

The first thing I'd like you to do is restart 1Password for Mac: Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then re-open it from your Applications folder. See if that makes any difference. Are you able to see your data, after unlocking with your Master Password? If not, please try restarting your Mac itself. Let me know if that clears things up or if you still can't see your items on your Mac.

• BK_Photo
    BK_Photo
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hey @Lars,

thank you for your reply.
    unfortunately both of your tips didn't work. :-(
    Is there a way to download the last version of 1Password 6? Maybe a reinstallation works? I think threre is something wrong with the synchroisazion. I have a third vault, who isnt synced with iOS and on this, i have no problems

EDIT: I now checked the same vault on another mac who is synchronized with, and there everything is here.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BK_Photo - OK, i'm a little confused now -- you say in your edit that you checked on another Mac and everything is synced there. So are you still having trouble on this one Mac, or are you OK on every device now?

• BK_Photo
    BK_Photo
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I still have trouble on one Mac (MacBook).I have checked on another Mac (iMac) an there everything is fine. So it really seems to be a problem with one particular Mac (MacBook). So the problem still exists, I only did a test on a second Mac (iMac).

• BK_Photo
    BK_Photo
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Now I found out another thing:
    With 1Password Mini I see the logins for the current website that is open in browser. But I can not search for other items

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BK_Photo - OK. At this point, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject Line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#FKZ-11617-489]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out. If you can take a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the Mac that’s having trouble and include that as well, that may be helpful. Thanks!

ref: FKZ-11617-489

• BK_Photo
    BK_Photo
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars – Thank you! Reports are on the way!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• BK_Photo
    BK_Photo
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hello Lars,

thank you for your help!

Now I solved the problem by myself:
    1. I uninstalled 1Password 6 on my MacBook with the help of this: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/
    2. Reinstalled it with the download from here: https://1password.com/downloads/
    3. After this I converted my vaults to .opvault as recommended.
    4. Now everything works!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.