old & new passwords displayed for same site

Options
JudesRomes
JudesRomes
Community Member

When I look up the login info for a website, sometimes two or three versions of login info appears on my phone and includes old login info, which is confusing and useless. When I look at that same login info on my computer, only one version, the most recent one, appears - as it should.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:old & new passwords displayed for same site

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JudesRomes

Could you please check if your Mac and iPhone are in sync? Please try adding a new Secure Note on the iPhone and see if that note then appears on the Mac. If it does could you please check if you have more than one vault on the iPhone? You can check this in 1Password > Settings > Vaults.

Thanks.

Ben

• JudesRomes
    JudesRomes
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the computer and iPhone are in sync.

I do have 3 vaults on both devices; however on the vaults screen in the "on iCloud" line, it just says "Primary." I don't see a way to add any other vaults to the cloud - or do I need to?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JudesRomes

That would seemingly indicate that only the Primary vault is in sync. Is having the other two vaults intentional? iCloud can only sync the Primary vault. If you switch to the Primary vault (using the vault switcher at the top left of the app) do you still see the issue you described in your original post?

Ben

• JudesRomes
    JudesRomes
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the long delay - I was out of the country. I did just change to the Primary vault and it seems that may have done it. I'll get back in touch with you if I keep having issues.

So even though I created another couple of vaults on my computer, I can only sync the Primary vault to my phone?

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that seems to have done it. iCloud can only sync one vault: the Primary vault, correct. If you’d like to have access to multiple vaults from multiple devices I’d highly recommend checking out 1Password membership, which does not rely on 3rd party sync services such as iCloud:

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.