Different Master Password

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to go back to Android version 6.8?.

Comments

• Urbanshenkie
    Urbanshenkie
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

why cant whe use our old password on version 7 ??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Urbanshenkie: If you've already upgraded to the current version, the Google Play store doesn't have an option to install an older version.

• Urbanshenkie
    Urbanshenkie
    Community Member

Ok i understand but why can you use the old master password ???? you want me to get my wallet ???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@Urbanshenkie: I'm not sure what you mean. 1Password won't have changed your Master Password. It doesn't even know what it is.

Can you clarify what Android and 1Password versions you're using, and the exact steps you're taking?

• Urbanshenkie
    Urbanshenkie
    Community Member

1Password for Windows 4.6.2.6.6

and after updating 1Password app for android

its changed the dropbox keychain file and both applications cant be opened with the master password

so i had to use a backup keychain file that uses my master password.

but its ok already migrating to other password manager . already payed twice already and 1 time for android app so im moving to

free password manage. bye bye gold diggers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Windows 4.6.2.6.6
    and after updating 1Password app for android
    its changed the dropbox keychain file and both applications cant be opened with the master password
    so i had to use a backup keychain file that uses my master password.

@Urbanshenkie: Thanks for clarifying. It doesn't sound like you're having an issue with the app at all, but are use using the wrong vault. Both 1Password for Windows version 4 and 1Password for Android version 7 support OPVault, so you'll be able to use the same thing with both of them. If you need help setting that up, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID here so we can get more details from you.

but its ok already migrating to other password manager . already payed twice already and 1 time for android app so im moving to
    free password manage. bye bye gold diggers.

I don't understand your logic since 1Password for Android version 7 is a free update, but it's your prerogative to use something else. Stay safe out there.

• Urbanshenkie
    Urbanshenkie
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

after upgrading, master password din't work on pc and android.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Urbanshenkie: You said you changed vaults. That would make sense to me in that case, as each local vault can have a different Master Password. If you'll send a diagnostics report for each device, I'll be happy to take a look and help you get sorted:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UKB-46844-563]

If you’re reading this and you are not Urbanshenkie, this Support ID is for Urbanshenkie only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: UKB-46844-563

This discussion has been closed.