Retrieving a password while in a 3rd party app

rebern
rebern
Community Member

Often when I using an app that needs a password I tap on the share button, open 1Password only to find that file for that app can't be found. I then do a search and it can't be found.
I then go directly to 1Password app, open it and search for the password for that app and there it is - it does exist. I then copy paste.
I do not understand why using the share function the file cannot be found. Sometimes the same things will happen when the app as a 1Password logo. I tap on the logo and have the same problem.
You will notice that I am using the iOS 12 beta. But it is not the problem of using the beta. This has been an on going problem long before I used the beta.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't find file

Comments

• Hi @rebern,

Do you have a website field with the URL of the app’s website set on the login item in question? For example, if this were happening in the 1Password app, you’d need a website field with “https://1password.com” as the value set on the login item you want to use. If that is already the case, could you please tell me which app you’re having this trouble with? They may not have implemented the extension properly.

Thanks.

Ben

• rebern
    rebern
    Community Member

I will have to wait for when it happens again. I used 1Password today for a site and it worked as it should. Do not remember the sites or apps where there has been a problem.

• If the issue is with a website it’ll almost definitely be because of a missing or inaccurate website field on the login item. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.