i purchased 1P7 through Agile website. However AppStore says I have an update. Why?

blarsen
blarsen
Community Member

Tried to update through AppStore but get message that 1P7 is open and must be closed to update. It's not open. Is there an update from Agile? If so - how do I find it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i purchased 1P7 through website. AppStore says I have an update. Why?

Comments

• Dbischof
    Dbischof
    Community Member

I work with macOS High Sierra, Vers. 10.13.6
    and Firefox Browser

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.7 (70007001) Mac App Store
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: mac OS High Sierra, 10.13.6
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:can't update my 1Password; I always get the message to close 1Password

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Yup, just tried to update with the latest MAS release and this is still happening. This is getting old, guys.

OP, the 'workaround' is to make sure you manually select 'Quit 1Password Completely' before continuing with the update.

• @blarsen

I apologize for the trouble.

Please quit 1Password completely (Command + Option + Control + Q), move 1Password to the trash, empty the trash, and then install a fresh copy from our website to be sure you’re getting the latest version available:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Currently v7.1 is the latest version available from the App Store, but v7.1.1 has an important fix and is available from our website. We’ve submitted the update to Apple but it has not been made available in the App Store yet.

Ben

• @Dbischof

I’m a little confused as you mentioned that you use 1Password from the App Store, but that you sync with iCloud. 1Password 7 for Mac is only available for customers with a 1Password membership, which does not use iCloud or other 3rd party sync service. Could you please verify your setup?

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018

@Sheza

The code has been written to address this problem and it will be included in v7.2. As such when updating from v7.2 and newer quitting completely first should not be required (but the update to 7.2 will).

Ben

ref: apple-1604

• blarsen
    blarsen
    Community Member

I downloaded 1P7 from Agilebits website, installed it and all is well. I believe when I was deciding whether to buy from Apple or Agile I may have caused this situation. I do have a 1Password membership and I believe everything is syncing on all devices. I do have to spend some time learning more about 1P7, I admit that. Please let me know if you would like more information.

• Thanks for the update @blarsen. As long as the problem seems to be solved I think we should be all set. Thanks! :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.