1Password not showing all categories when it opens (default view): Mac, desktop

jipnet
jipnet
Community Member

is there a preference that can be set to get 1Password to show all categories when it opens (default view): Mac, desktop

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jipnet - it should do that right now. If you expand Categories in the sidebar, 1Password should remember your choice over restarts of 1Password. Is that not what's happening for you?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

However, empty categories do not show up in the siderbar. One can still add items to such categories using the + button.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Ohhh, good point @danco -- is that what you meant, @jipnet? You want to be able to see every possible category, even if there's no items in some of them? Currently, there's no way to do that, although anytime you click the plus (+) button in the main 1Password window to add a new item, you'll see the full list.

• jipnet
    jipnet
    Community Member

No, not what I mean. The Categories are not remembering the all open position:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jipnet - thanks for the clarification. One thing I'm wondering about: this is done on a per-vault basis (including the All Vaults view). Just because you've expanded the view in, say, a Personal vault, doesn't mean it will be expanded in the Shared vault or in All Vaults (and you might have legitimate reasons for wanting it expanded in one and not in others). Here's how to check: click the vault menu at the top of the window (the one that says "James Porter" in your screenshot). Choose each vault (plus the All Vaults view) in turn, and expand the Categories. Then try quitting 1Password and see whether your settings are retained. Let me know what you discover.

• jipnet
    jipnet
    Community Member

Maybe something is wrong here, but I have no option to expand categories in any sub vaults (my personal vault is the only vault activated)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jipnet - try double-clicking that Personal vault, not just selecting it with a single click.

This discussion has been closed.