Using backslash in Chrome extension shortcut

aheckler
aheckler
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Previously, when I used the native application's "helper" for filling logins in Chrome, I did so with the keyboard shortcut Cmd + backslash. This doesn't seem to be possible using 1Password X, however. Maybe this is due to the way Chrome restricts keyboard shortcuts?

Is it not possible to using Cmd + backslash in Chrome as the keyboard shortcut to open 1Password X? Learning a new shortcut when Cmd + backslash is already an ingrained reflex will be a pain, but maybe worth it I dunno...

1Password Version: 7.0.7 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 1.10.1 (1Password X)
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aheckler: First of all, I've got to tell you, I'm a huge fan of your brand of heckling. Hopefully others will adopt your style! :lol:

I regret not being to recall all the specifics, as this was something we dealt with last year when 1Password X was originally being developed, but unfortunately it isn't possible to use the classic (or Ctrl) \keyboard shortcut within the browser. We're only able to do that with the desktop extensions because, well...quite frankly they're not involved; it's handled entirely by the native app.

Anyway, that was a bit of an adjustment for me too at first, but since 1Password X works very differently than the desktop version, using inline menus to great effect, I've found I don't really even give it much thought anymore. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.