How to add a custom date field that shows in Watchtower?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Support day field in driver's license expiry?.

Comments

• starsideus
    starsideus
    Community Member

I have 1Password 7 for windows, was wondering how to add a custom date field to an item and make it show in expiring under watchtower?

• @starsideus: Watchtower will only flag the following items as expiring:

• Credit Card
    • Passport
    • Driver License
    • Membership

These all have default expiry date fields, so that's what it will be looking it. Just a guess, but I'd wager you have passwords you're required to reset on a certain schedule and were hoping Watchtower could lend a hand here. Am I on the right track? Thankfully, I'm no longer subject to such rules, but I remember all too well having to deal with that mess and definitely sympathize. Even if I'm wrong, let me know what you're after here. I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• starsideus
    starsideus
    Community Member

@bundtkate Yes!! exactly! :) I have some corporate passwords with expiry dates, I also have my Ontario licence plates(have expiry dates as well), and my car insurance. all these items have expiry dates.
    It would really useful if you can add some sort of a checkbox next to date fields to make them "watchable" by the watchtower.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @starsideus,

Changing your passwords too often is a bad practice and we do not recommend it, but I understand that you do not set the corporate policy yourself. I can make no promises, but this is an interesting idea to consider, thank you for sharing! :chuffed: :+1:

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.