On 1Password 6 Family Plan, including Android - how to stay

dshay
dshay
Community Member

I've been on a 1Password 6 Family Plan, and when I recently logged in to the Android App and was updating a password there, it updated itself to 1Password 7, then updated the vault, etc. Now things aren't syncing until I upgrade my Macs to 1Password 7, but I was on the "1 time license" family license version of 1 Password 6, not the subscription plan -- can't seem to find a way to stay on that and still go to 1 Password 7, is there?

Or is my only option to remain NOT on a subscription license to roll back everything to 1Password 6? Is there a way to roll the Android app back to 1Password 6?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6, Android 9
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @dshay

1Password 6 can sync with the OPVault format. While we recommend that people always remain on the most current version of 1Password as they can due to its status as security software, you are not being forced to upgrade. If you wish to remain on 1Password 6, all you need to do is disable Dropbox sync on your Macs and then re-enable it, pointing them to the new OPVault file.

If you do wish to upgrade, though, you can still purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7. It is done through a link in the application itself once you have downloaded it. Do note that the 1Password 7 license is not a Family license, it is individual.

• dshay
    dshay
    Community Member

I was Android that seemed to force the upgrade -- I never asked for it, it just upgraded.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Well, yes, but I'm not talking about Android here, I'm talking about your Macs. Your current system on your Mac can sync with the newer OPVault format. OPVault was introduced a few years ago. We only just started forcing people to start using now it with our new releases. All you need to do on your Macs are to disable their current Dropbox syncing and redirect them to point at new OPVault file.

With that said, we do recommend that people upgrade to 1Password 7 on all of their devices. While we recommend the membership route, standalone licenses are still available.

• dshay
    dshay
    Community Member

Thanks. I was able to stay on 1Password6 Family for now (non-membership), but with the opvault format, and still use the Android app. Will look at 1Password7 later as needed.

• Sounds good, @dshay. Let us know if we can help later!

This discussion has been closed.