How do I configure 1Password for Windows to use OPVault

SHINSF1PASS
SHINSF1PASS
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I use 1Password for Windows V4.6.2.626 and the 1Password extension v4.7.2.90 on Firefox. My 1Password files are stored on my Dropbox account.

My Android app recently updated to v7.0.3 and I get the following message when I open the app:

Vault update required

Your primary vault is in the Agile Keychain format, which is not compatible with 1Password 7. When you tap continue, a copy of this vault will be made in the OPVault format in the same location.

If you sync this vault with 1Password on your other devices, configure them to sync with the new vault after it is converted.

I cannot find any instructions on how to configure 1Password for Windows to use the OPVault.

Can you give me the link to the instructions?

Thank you

1Password Version: V4.6.2.626 Windows and 7.0.3 on Android
Extension Version: v4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 and Android
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

Hi @SHINSF1PASS,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1: I moved your discussion to 1Password 4 for Windows topic, I hope your don't mind.

That is correct: .agilekeychain is an old format that is no longer supported in 1Password 7 for Android. 1Password 4 for Windows, however, supports .opvault vaults by default, so you should be able to open your new converted vault there by going to File > Open 1Password Vault and then selecting your new vault in your Dropbox.

Could you please tell me what difficulties you have with it? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• SHINSF1PASS
    SHINSF1PASS
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. I'm not having any difficulties, I just couldn't find any instructions on-line about configuring 1Password for Windows to use OPVaults

• SHINSF1PASS
    SHINSF1PASS
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

That seems to have worked. Can I now delete the 1Password.legacyagilekeychain folder (and all the files in it) in \Dropbox\Apps\1Password?

• @SHINSF1PASS: You can if you'd like. I'm a bit on the paranoid side, so before deleting any data files, I always prefer to make a change on one device and make sure it shows up everywhere else. This way you know all of your apps are set up with the new OPVault file and you won't find one getting out of the loop over time. :+1:

• SHINSF1PASS
    SHINSF1PASS
    Community Member

It looks like all my folders have disappeared. Was this intentional? Is there a way I can recover them, or do I have to recreate them?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SHINSF1PASS: Sorry for the confusion there. As mentioned in the 1Password for Android release notes, version 7 uses tags, not folders, so they will have been converted. You may want to check out 1Password for Windows version 7 as well, as we've added a lot of great stuff there, including better tag management:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hi @SHINSF1PASS,

1Password 4 for Windows wasn't designed with tags in mind but you can find your tags in the search field, press alt+down in there, it'll show you the list of tags you can select.

1Password 7 for Windows is certainly recommended.

• SHINSF1PASS
    SHINSF1PASS
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@brenty & @MikeT Thanks for your responses: I have a few follow-up questions:
    1. Where can I get a copy of the 1Password for Android release notes
    2. How can I get a list of logins (and other items) that do not have a tag. This used to be those unassigned to folders. I'd like to be able to do this in the Firefox extension and in 1Password 4 for Windows)
    3. How can I add or edit tags in 1Password for Android

• Hi @SHINSF1PASS,

Where can I get a copy of the 1Password for Android release notes

You can find the release notes here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPA4

How can I get a list of logins (and other items) that do not have a tag. This used to be those unassigned to folders. I'd like to be able to do this in the Firefox extension and in 1Password 4 for Windows)

There isn't a way to do that in 1Password 4. Unassigned was a special search folder, we don't have an alternative for tags in 1Password 4. In 1Password 7 for Windows, you can enter tag: with a space to find all untagged items.

1. How can I add or edit tags in 1Password for Android

You can't edit tags yet in the first release of 1Password 7 for Android. It is coming in a future update.

If you have more Android questions, I'd recommend visiting our Android forum for our Android team to help you directly.

This discussion has been closed.