Vault Already Converted

Options
evilimp
evilimp
Community Member

When I open 1password on my android phone, I get the message: "Vault already converted. It looks like this vault has already been converted. Please email our customer support team so that we can help you." I think dropbox has two vaults, perhaps one new and one old one? I sync with dropbox. I have a copy of 1password on my win7 pc, version 4.6.2.626. How do I fix this problem on my android phone?

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@evilimp: If you're already using an OPVault, there's no need to convert it. That's what 1Password is using going forward. Is that what you have on your PC? Have you tried selecting your existing vault in Dropbox on your Android device?

• evilimp
    evilimp
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I have what looks like both the old vault and new opvault on my dropbox. I don't see a means to "swap" to the new vault on my android phone, however. If I click "sync", it has a toggle on/off to use dropbox sync, and under it in grey it shows what appears to be the vault file. However, it doesn't let me change what vault to use (to change it to the file that mentions opvault).

How do I change the file it uses as a vault, when it's using (what appears to be) the wrong one?

• @evilimp I'd be happy to help you get things sorted out so that 1Password is syncing with the newer vault on both of your devices. 1Password for Android doesn't have the ability to change the sync destination once it has been set up, so you'll need to reset 1Password on your Android device in order to point it at the new OPVault folder.

There is a caveat though... From the information that you've provided so far, it seems likely that 1Password for Windows was syncing with the newer OPVault folder while 1Password for Android was syncing with the older AgileKeychain folder. This means that it is possible that there is some data in the AgileKeychain version of the vault that is not in the OPVault version of the vault and vice versa. With that in mind, I would recommend keeping the AgileKeychain version around just in case you find you need to recover some data.

Please let us know if you need any additional help with this!

• AngloDave
    AngloDave
    Community Member
    Options

I had exactly the same problem, I got the same message, I found I had the same two folders in dropbox. With no way i could find to choose which folder to use, I deleted the app. When you redownload it and launch for the first time, it asks which vault you want to connect to. I chose the new OPVault and everything worked like before, all my passwords were there and everything synced as normal.

• Thanks @AngloDave. I'm glad you were able to get everything sorted out!

• evilimp
    evilimp
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thank you, everyone, for all the pointers. Uninstalling, rebooting (just to be sure), then re-installing seems to have done the trick! @brenty @mverde @AngloDave @peri thank you very much!

• @evilimp I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things working again. Feel free to reach out to us if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.