Add a New Section & Rearrange items within the file

Options
scwerden
scwerden
Community Member

1) I would love to rearrange items within a file like I used to do with Vr6.
2) Need to add a new section to an existing file, Vr6 had this also.
Help - Thanks
Stowell

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Add New Section

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scwerden - thanks for the request. :) I'm not sure what you mean by "rearrange items within a file," however -- you mean the individual sections themselves? If so, there's a feature request in for that already, but that was never possible even in 1Password 6 for Mac, so I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding you properly on that one. With regard to adding a new section, you can certainly do that: click Edit on a record in 1Password 7 for Mac and you'll get the ability to add a section.

• scwerden
    scwerden
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm not making myself clear. In Vr6 there were small symbols next to each items in a section that allowed priority changes within the section! ( similar to ⫢ ).
    Thanks for a great program!
    Stowell

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scwerden - thanks again for the kind words. And you're quite correct, this functionality used to exist in 1Password 6 for Mac and earlier. I'm not quite sure why it does not, in 1Password 7 for Mac, but I will put in your request to revert to the previous behavior. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience with us.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @scwerden,

In Vr6 there were small symbols next to each items in a section that allowed priority changes within the section! ( similar to ⫢ ).

In version 7, the 'handles' to move custom fields have moved to the left side of fields:

Being more subtle they're easy to miss. Like you, I'd initially thought they'd been removed in version 7 until someone pointed out where they are. :smile:

• scwerden
    scwerden
    Community Member
    Options

How about bringing UP the contrast, tooooo light and toooooooo small. My eye aren't what they used to be.
    Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How about bringing UP the contrast, tooooo light and toooooooo small.

I've filed an issue (as a bug) to improve these custom field drag handles. Thank you for bringing this UP. :+1::lol:

They're even tougher to see with Dark appearance turned on in Mojave so it'll be best to get 'em fixed for that and Light appearance.

My eye aren't what they used to be.

Nor are mine, @scwerden.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

ref: apple-2146

This discussion has been closed.