My account vault got mixed with someone else’s

Options
TechnoKidd
TechnoKidd
Community Member

I don’t know how this happened, but about 2-3 weeks ago a lot of the passwords in my vault somehow vanished. I’ve been trying to put everything back together for the past few weeks.

Today, I find another persons info mixed in with my account! I have websites in my account that I’ve never visited before with someone else’s name and password. Did this person get some of my passwords too!?

I’m a paying customer and am starting to get these ridiculous problems with my account. Someone needs to fix whatever is going on at 1Password and help fix my account problems ASAP! This isn’t what a paying customer deserves to deal with.

Michael Scott

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @TechnoKidd

Is this other person “Wendy Appleseed”? Wendy is a fictional character we invented, and there are a number of demo items in her name that are included with 1Password in order to give folks an idea of what 1Password is capable of.

Have you checked the trash in 1Password for the missing items? The trash is visible on the https://my.1password.com website or in the 1Password for Mac & 1Password for Windows clients (unfortunately not in 1Password for iOS).

Please let me know.

Ben

• TechnoKidd
    TechnoKidd
    Community Member
    Options

Haha! Ok, that’s whos info is mixed with mine. Y’all had me scared for a minute there. Thanks for letting me know. Please send out an email or something when you introduce something new like that.

I haven’t checked my trash because I haven’t deleted anything. I’ll check that now. I’m pretty sure I didn’t delete anything...but I have been getting doubles of accounts lately. I forgot to mention that with my first letter. Do you know what’s causing that?

Best,

TechnoKidd

• @TechnoKidd,

Wendy isn’t new, she has been around since at least 2015, though I’m not sure why the demo items would have suddenly appeared for you.

Do you have multiple vaults? You can check in 1Password > Settings > Vaults in 1Password for iOS.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Ben,

How old is @TechnoKidd's vault? I ask because in the early days of 1Password, Demo wasn't a separate vault but additional items to the primary vault in the AgileKeychain. That was in 2008 and 1Password 2 on the Mac.Had to do some cleanup years later!

• Quite possible.

Ben

• TechnoKidd
    TechnoKidd
    Community Member
    Options

Wendy’s account info just showed up in my account about a week ago. I’ve been a paying member for about a year now.

I currently have 5 vaults. Personal, Dropbox, iCloud, Demo & Primary. I never use Demo. A few of the other vaults are also empty because their from when I was learning how to use 1Password. I just haven’t gotten rid of them yet. Also, I’m in the process of combining all the vaults in to one so my account won’t be so messy.

Do you think once I have all the vaults together as one, things will be as they should be with my account?

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it.

TechnoKidd

• The demo vault is not enabled by default, and is where the Wendy items would’ve come from. We typically recommend removing all standalone vaults after switching to a membership, as not doing so can cause significant confusion regarding your Master Password down the road. The Personal vault is the only one of those I’d recommend keeping, once you have all of your data stored in it.

Ben

• TechnoKidd
    TechnoKidd
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks again.

TechnoKidd

• You’re very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.