Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind, I had two 1Password extensions in Safari. Deleted both. Rebooted. Downloaded new Safari extension, rebooted macOS. Issue resolved.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Hold on, I have never noticed this about 1Password for Mac. In order to get the anchor on any item, I must use the mini 1P logo in my menubar. I cannot open 1Password app to any item and get the anchor to pin the item to the desktop.

Why is this? Or is this new in the latest version? Even when I use the app to open a 1Password item, I still may want to pin the item to the desktop. 1P does not always respond to a web address, nor an app website, so I must manually fill in a 1P item. And I need the item pinned to fill in what 1P does not auto fill.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto - one of the main differences between the mini and the main app is that the latter is always present, while the former is more contextual. That's why we offer the ability to pin a window in the mini -- so you can move on to other things and still keep it open, if you want to do that. With the main 1Password app, any item you select will remain open by default -- though it may not remain the foremost app. You can return to it any time you like. This isn't new behavior; 1Password has been this way for as long as I can remember (at least, the main app portion of it). If that wasn't what you were asking, can you clarify for me? Thanks.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, I guess in all the time I have used 1P, I never realized that the anchor works only in the Mini app. Sorry for my confusion. Appreciate your response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto - no worries! Drop by any time if you're uncertain about anything or something about 1Password isn't behaving the way you think it should. :)

• johnnsmith
    johnnsmith
    Community Member
    Options

In later versions, the anchor was removed from 1Password Mini and replaced with this icon:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnsmith - that's right! This change was made in 1Password 7 for Mac and later, but since the original poster indicated he was using 6.8.7 at the time of his post, I thought I'd leave that part out to avoid any confusion. :)

This discussion has been closed.