Transferring backup help

Options
Shanes
Shanes
Community Member

I have used an older version of 1Password on my iPhone 6+ for a long time now. I hadn't updated the iPhone's iOS to 11 partially because I didn't want to lose function of beloved older apps. But I decided to update the iOS today, after making backups of the phone's contents and some app's contents, too. The old version of 1Password was one of these backups.

Is there a way to transfer the file of an older 1Password backup so that I can read and access the stored/saved content with the current app that works in conjunction with iOS 11? Or a way to possibly just read the backup file to get the stored information once again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Shanes
    Shanes
    Community Member
    Options

I hope that makes sense... I apologize in advance if it's an obvious answer. I'm just so used to a much-older version of the app, which I loved using for everything. I just am unable to access it completely and wouldn't enjoy losing the saved information. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Shanes! I'm sorry for the trouble. You're referring to 1Password 3 for iOS, which is quite old and because it is a 32-bit app, will not work in iOS 11 because Apple disallows non-64-bit apps starting in iOS 11.

I can certainly understand you not wanting to lose access to all your 1Password data! Unfortunately, the options here may not be many. Did you happen to make a FULL backup via iTunes of the previous state of your iPhone, prior to upgrading to iOS 11? I don't mean the apps' contents, I mean the entire thing? If not, were you previously syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox, to any other devices?

• Shanes
    Shanes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Lars. Thanks for replying. I just had to sent an email to support (literally sent 10 seconds ago) because I'm having trouble signing in to the app on my phone.

I found a page in here describing how to scrape the data from within a backup of the old program. I had actually exported a backup of the data a couple of weeks ago, so I think I'm sitting pretty in terms of having access to the information. I've gone through and uploaded to my iCloud Drive, and am seemingly ready to try having the current version of the app read that info. But the problem I'm having now is logging in to the app. It's not accepting the information I'm entering directly from my Emergency Kit's information, or the QR image.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shanes - I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going that way, instead of here in this public forum. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.