To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I switch billing from on 1Password website to Apple subscription ?

Options
ttim03
ttim03
Community Member

Any help appreciated thanks!

Do I have to create a whole new account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Just making sure. Also want to see if paying through itunes/apple store will work ok with my current subscription of monthly?

If I pay through itunes/apple store will I not be billed on my payment method I have listed in my account?

One last question all of this will still work with 1Password 6.8 right ? (currently using 6.8 because of the laggy firefox extension problem obviously)

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: We don't have access to Apple's systems, so it isn't something we can do for you. I suppose you could sign up for a new account through Apple and copy your data over. Is there a particular reason you want to do that though? No matter what, it will not be easy.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

I figured out if I cancel then resubscribe through the Apple App Store once my billing period is over it should work easily!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: No that won't work. You'd need to sign up through Apple for it to be billed through them.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh. :(

The reason I want to do this is because I received itunes gift cards and want to put the money toward 1 year subscription of 1password.

Why won't this be easy ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just making sure. Also want to see if paying through itunes/apple store will work ok with my current subscription of monthly?

@ttim03: If you're paying for a 1Password.com membership, then yes it includes everything listed here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

If I pay through itunes/apple store will I not be billed on my payment method I have listed in my account?

No. If your account is billed through the website, it cannot be paid through Apple.

One last question all of this will still work with 1Password 6.8 right ? (currently using 6.8 because of the laggy firefox extension problem obviously)

Version 6.8 is not supported. Version 7 was released many months ago. You should update to that.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

@brenty so why won't this be easy ?

It should be. :(

@brenty thanks but I really want a year of 1Password subscription. I wish this was easier to do but it is ok.

Can't I just export my data then import it ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ahhh. :( The reason I want to do this is because I received itunes gift cards and want to put the money toward 1 year subscription of 1password. Why won't this be easy ?

@ttim03: As I explained already, Apple has their own billing system, which we do not have access to. If you want to pay through them, you'd need to sign up that way too. You're free to do that, but you may want to consider just using the iTunes gift cards for something else. There's plenty of other things you can buy with that.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty can't I just export my data then import it ?

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I was able to do it! With moving all my logins, software keys, etc over as well! Thank god!

• Thanks for the update @ttim03. Glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

Ben

• patrickton
    patrickton
    Community Member
    Options

One reason is because you guys only accept creditcards. I want to use paypal.
    So the only way is to start a new account?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @patrickton! We don't currently accept PayPal directly, but you can certainly use PayPal to purchase a 1password.com gift card. What are you looking to purchase?

This discussion has been closed.