Download 1Password 7.2 Beta manually TODAY!

2»

Comments

• @glopezpadro,

what version of Mojave are you currently on?

• glopezpadro
    glopezpadro
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

10.14 Beta (18A384a)

I am already on TestFlight with the beta for iOS...outstanding!

• @glopezpadro,

And you've enabled beta updates in 1Password's Preference -> Updates tab?

• ianiv
    ianiv
    Community Member

Does this version work with Safari Technology Preview?

• @ianiv,

only if you've already installed a Safari 12 beta (or are on Mojave). You would also additionally need to set STP as your default browser.

• glopezpadro
    glopezpadro
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@rudy

Dumb me...enabled it now, downloading...

• glopezpadro
    glopezpadro
    Community Member

@rudy

Thanks, beautiful job!

• Lukas S.
    Lukas S.
    Community Member

@rudy I'm using STP Release 64 (Safari 12.1) as my default browser but I still get below error message when trying to use 7.2 Beta 1 with it:

Tried restarting the browser and rebooting my Mac so far.

• Hi Lukas. You’ll need to install the Safari 12 beta (my original post has the download link). The Safari Tech Preview is not enough. Let me know how you get on.

• @Lukas S.,

Yup, STP alone isn't enough. The Safari App Extension makes use of the Safari Services framework on the system, STP unfortunately doesn't include that additional logic in a place that the SAE is expecting to find it.

• slboettcher
    slboettcher
    Community Member

I'm still on 1P 6.8.9. If I try this beta, I assume I have to purchase 7.x and there's no going back to 6.x.x?

Thanks! I have both Mojave and Safari 12 betas on other Macs._

• Lukas S.
    Lukas S.
    Community Member

@MrRooni @rudy Oooh, wow. I didn't understand that it's literally just about having the Safari 12 beta installed in addition. Since I did that, it's working perfectly with STP. 👍🏼
    Thanks guys!

• Hi there @slboettcher! Yep, you got it - unless you have a 1Password.com account and then 1Password 7 is included in your subscription.

• Great to hear @Lukas S. !

• briztkr
    briztkr
    Community Member

Mojave 18A384a, 1Password Version 7.2.BETA-1 (70200001) a bug in dark mode: transparent separator with a letter in a scrollable list.

• @briztkr,

Thanks, this one is already going to be fixed in 7.2.BETA-2.

• RPBarnes
    RPBarnes
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Hi all,
    I installed Safari Beta, I think. What version shows in the 'about' box of Safari for the beta?
    I installed 1Password 7.2 beta. This runs as a standalone program however the extension does not work.
    Clicking the Safari extension does nothing, clicking the top Mac app bar shortcut to 1Password does nothing.

EDIT - sorted it. I had to reboot my MacBook and it was ok after. :+1:

• @RPBarnes,

It shouldn't have required a reboot, but I'm glad that resolved it for you.

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

I've edited @MrRooni's initial announcement to state and emphasize that automatic updates to 7.2 require Mojave Beta 10. Otherwise, you'll need to fetch manually.

I'm reverting that change because it appears that I don't know what I'm talking about. @rudy knows what's going on. I made too quick presumptions.

This discussion has been closed.