Automatic filling of passwords in the input field for Apple TV

JuCos
JuCos
Community Member

Good evening, everyone!

I regularly use my iPhone or iPad to enter text on Apple TV.
Indeed since iOS 11, iOS devices display a notification when you are on a text box on Apple TV, making it easier to enter search fields, email addresses or passwords (can you see me coming?)

For entering a password, the line is proposed above the iOS keyboard, this has the effect of opening 1Password but the input field remains empty, impossible to fill it automatically.

I don't know if this is due to a limitation or a bug on the iOS side or if it can be fixed by the 1Password development team.

Have a good evening/day ;)

1Password Version: 7.2 (70200010)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 12 GM
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• @ju971,

Is your AppleTV running the GM/release seed version of tvOS?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Yes

• @Ju971,

does the QuickType bar on the iOS device have a Passwords key entry in it, or you're saying you're able to pick an entry from either QuickType or 1Password but it just doesn't actually do the fill operation?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

The domain is well recognized but the selected password is not filled in (the field remains empty on the iOS device and on Apple TV)

• @Ju971,

any particular app on the Apple TV that you're using this with and seeing that result?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

I will reproduce the issue and post the video later today ;)

• @Ju971,

We'll be loading up all the latest OS releases onto our personal TV's today and see what we see there as well.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member

Was this resolved?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Yes, I think I have just reboot my iOS device and the Apple TV ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

iOS 12 Password Autofill is pretty great. :)

This discussion has been closed.