No Access to Passwords due to iTunes Store Login Request

Options
jpwerer
jpwerer
Community Member

This is the first time I have had a problem with 1Password over the last 4 years, but when I attempt to open the 1Password app, my phone first asks me to sign into the iTunes store. Only one small problem - my iTunes store password is stored in 1Password! My phone battery capacity is currently severely degraded and I have been getting a lot of forced restarts recently, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Obviously a very critical issue for me, since my passwords are not accessible!

Iphone 6

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:itunes store password

Comments

• Hi @jpwerer

Unfortunately we don’t have any control over prompts from the App Store. Does this prompt have an option to cancel? I take it you’ve only installed 1Password on one device and haven’t set up syncing or made a backup?

Ben

• jpwerer
    jpwerer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I was able to obtain my iTunes store password through a password reset process.

• Thanks for the update @jpwerer. For what it’s worth 1Password.com membership comes with web-based access ( at https://my.1password.com ) which may be something to consider for the future. That way if you’re ever locked out of your device or otherwise can’t access the 1Password app there you’d still have a way to access your 1Password data.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.