Doesn't fill Login info in Chrome

The app doesn't fill the login info in Chrome.
I also installed 1Password X but disabled. Is that a reason?

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the URL and browser version you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using the mouse or keyboard shortcut? Thanks in advance! :)

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Browser version: Version 70.0.3538.16 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
    I use mouse. I doesn't show the dropdown box.
    Link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier (Gmail) and all other links.

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @LagPick,

Can you close Chrome, open the main 1Password program, unlock and wait a minute. Then open Chrome, click on 1Password icon, what happens?

Is the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar gray or black?

Has 1Password ever worked before in Chrome or is this the first time you're using 1Password extension in Chrome?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I did that and it show info. But in the password and account field, there is not dropdown box.

1password icon is black.
    Never worked before. I used 1Pasword X until now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick: Actually, it looks like everything's working. Your screenshot is if the 1Password desktop extension, not 1Password X. You can learn about how that works here:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

The icon should be dark grey as in your screenshot, and there is no "dropdown box"; that's a 1Password X feature. But if you click the Login shown in your screenshot, 1Password will try to fill it for you. You can also use Ctrl \ to fill a Login for the current webpage. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

So the in-line dropdown and auto fill only work in 1Passwork X?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick: Only 1Password X has an inline menu. But you can have the 1Password desktop extension fill using the mouse or keyboard, as I mentioned above, and as shown in the guideI linked.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

I got it now. It's very inconvenient to click to the field, Press Ctrl \ --> Choose the Login. Or click to the field --> Click to the extension --> Choose the login.
    So, I will stick with 1Password X, a much easier approach.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I find the keyboard shortcut much more convenient and fast in either case, but to each their own. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.