1Password on OLD Macbook and on IOS

Options
Catharina
Catharina
Community Member

I have 1Password6 on all devices backuped to my Dropbox. I bought the license (no subscription). This works great! I updated IOS to IOS12, but my Macbook is too old for updated to Mojave and thus to 1Password7.
What do you advise re 1Password upgrading to version7 on my iPhone and iPad? Thanks

Comments

• Hi @Catharina ,

Can you tell us a bit more about your MacBook. What year/model is it? And what version of macOS is it running?

The ability to sync isn’t necessarily tied to the macOS version. It may still work out.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Catharina
    Catharina
    Community Member
    Options

My Macbook is OLD, but works very well; now i can not update the operating system anymore and thus can not install 1Password7

MacBook Pro 6,2
    15”, Mid 2010
    8GB RAM DDR3
    1TB SSHD
    processor 2.66 GHz
    Intel Core i7
    High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G65)

• Catharina
    Catharina
    Community Member
    Options

I also have an iPhone and an iPad that both are updated to IOS12

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

1Password 7 doesn’t require Mojave. It’ll run on High Sierra. :)

System requirements for 1Password

I’d be a little surprised if you weren’t already running 1Password 7 on the iOS devices, since it was a free update and would’ve been installed automatically if you have automatic app updates on (or have otherwise been keeping your apps up to date). We can really only recommend running the latest versions of each 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser, but there aren’t any known comptibility issues between 1Password 6 on Mac and 1Password 7 on iOS right now. At some point in the future it is likely that the latest version of 1Password will not be compatible with the latest version that Mac can run and at that point the only recommendation we’ll be able to make is replacing the Mac. We can’t recommend holding up updates on devices due to legacy compatibility.

I’m sorry it probably isn’t exactly the answer you’re hoping for, but as a security focused company there really isn’t any other logical recommendation for us to make.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.