i am using 3.8.22 and recently upgrade to Safari12. extension does not work

i am using One Password 3.8.22 and recently upgrade to Safari 12. Now the extension does not work.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 0s 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:3.8.22 extension problems

Comments

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

need assistance

• Hi @gstevens,

My apologies but 1Password v3 cannot work with Safari 12. You'd need to upgrade to 1Password 7 in order to use 1Password with Safari 12. 1Password 3 was retired in 2012 and was last updated in 2014. This guide should help:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Please let me know how it turns out or if you have any questions along the way.

Ben

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

I followed all of what you suggested. 1Password 7 can't find my backup. I know the backup is there on my computer but 7 doesn't seen to provide an option for me to restore from a backup. ie, i can't seem to get to the backup file and my dropbox sync file doesn't seem to have the correct extension. any help would be appreciated

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

...and when i try to import the keychain the file import is shaded so it won't work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gstevens: What file do you have in Dropbox?

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

1password.legacyagilekeychain

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gstevens: Then it looks like you converted your vault to OPVault format already, which renames the old vault like that. What are the OS and 1Password versions you're using on all of your devices?

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

upgraded to Safari 12 yesterday...thats when things went bad, bought 1password 7, and using mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

any help here?

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

I just upgrade my 3.8.22 version to 7.0 because the old version would not work on Safari 12. The new version will not import my dropbox file (it's shaded in the menu) the file name is 1password.legacyagilekeychain. ALSO 7.0 will not import any of my old 3.8 backups. I checked ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/backups/... on my Mac using Finder "go to folder" and it's seemingly full of multiple (3.8) backups. When I use the 7.0 import feature all I get is a shaded line item for import. Again using the restore i can't seem to map into that folder to get any of the backups. So I have a new 7.0 vault with nothing in it. I have about 138 logins backed up in my hidden 3.8 backup folder. I had another discussion going yesterday but everyone seemed to drop me...
    Thanks for help to solve this.

1Password Version: 7.0
    Extension Version: 1.2
    OS Version: OS 10.8.22
    Sync Type: dropbox

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gstevens - thanks. For convenience and to avoid confusion, I've merged your threads. Please don't post the same thing in multiple places; it tends to slow the support times for everyone, including you.

In the 1Password 3 for Mac days, the sync keychain format we used was called Agile Keychain. That format is now more than ten years old and in 1Password 7 for Mac we made the decision to formally retire it in favor of the newer format, OPVault. 1Password 7 for Mac will automatically convert older Agile Keychains it finds into OPVaults, and when it does, it will rename the previous Agile Keychain to a file that ends in .legacyagilekeychain. That's why brenty was suggesting that it appears this has already happened in your case. Can you search your Dropbox folder and tell us if you see any files with a .opvault ending? Thanks.

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

I have a bunch of older (pre 7.0 upgrade) dropbox files that look something like these:

BCF577D6E75F59547C798F03FB57A0B3.1password?dl=0
    773A824A4F4376D33EE466FAAED55BC7.def?dl=0

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

and of course, this one:
    1Password.legacyagilekeychain
    and this one:
    4BE2D4D4DBBEE0038F0BB979547BE76E.1password

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gstevens - but nothing, either in Dropbox or anywhere else on your Mac, that ends in the .opvault file name?

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

no, searched everything

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gstevens - OK, thanks for checking. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DHX-77187-764]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @gstevens only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DHX-77187-764

• gstevens
    gstevens
    Community Member

ok

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

This discussion has been closed.